Respected Contributor

Re: If you need a Facial Sunscreen SPF 40..................

I use a baby sunscreen 50 from my drug store. Would

never buy from the KS.

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much! I'm excited to try a clear ss. I always go by Dr. Dray recommendations 

Honored Contributor

@jobiz   I bought mine at Nordtrom because they price match and carry Kylie Skin products.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

It sure is a little tube.  Regular price of $28 is ridiculous for under 2 oz and half price is still expensive, IMO.

But the main concern I have is it doesn't explain what the ingredient is that give it Sunscreen status.  The ingredients sound like a lovely moisturizer or skin treatment, but what is it that makes it a sunscreen?

What am I missing?

@MrsSB I noticed the same thing so I looked it up on Ulta's website and it's the usual array of chemical filters.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

@MrsSB wrote:

It sure is a little tube.  Regular price of $28 is ridiculous for under 2 oz and half price is still expensive, IMO.

But the main concern I have is it doesn't explain what the ingredient is that give it Sunscreen status.  The ingredients sound like a lovely moisturizer or skin treatment, but what is it that makes it a sunscreen?

What am I missing?

@MrsSB I noticed the same thing so I looked it up on Ulta's website and it's the usual array of chemical filters.

@MrsSB There was another thread on this same sunscreen posted a few days before this one and I posted the sunscreen ingredients there.  I happened to notice that the Kylie site doesn't mention the sunscreen ingredients, which I found odd as well,  so I checked Nordstrom:

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone, 3% Homosalate, 6% Octisalate, 5% Octocrylene, 6%

I wouldn't buy it based on this.

Super Contributor

@Texasmouse , @sueinsf , Thanks!  That at least makes sense now. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Valued Contributor

I second the poster who recommended supergoop. I’ve used their unseen sunscreen which is completely clear and doubles as a primer under foundation. It is a chemical sunscreen but avoids the chemicals deemed unsafe. SPF is 40.
Honored Contributor

@jobiz wrote:

Thank you so much! I'm excited to try a clear ss. I always go by Dr. Dray recommendations 

I agree @jobiz .  If Dr. Dray recommends it, then it's good stuff.  

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Thanks so much ! My acne prone skin can only handle mineral sunscreen but I always like to hear about new cruelty free brands .

Hope you are feeling better . 

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal@jobiz 

I agree I have been very happy with Dr Dray's recommendation . I have been very happy with both Colorscience and Drmtlgy physical mineral sunscreens