Respected Contributor

If you have thin, fine hair like me

I have been using three products that I am really pleased with.  It's a 10 Miracle Blowdry Volumizer, Plump for Joy Dry Finish Spray and Pantene Hot Mama.  The latter two are used on dry hair and the first one on damp hair before blow drying.  They have really improved my volume.  Just thought I would share!

Honored Contributor

Re: If you have thin, fine hair like me

@FastDogWalker2 I have straight, fine but thick hair and it always goes flat on top!  Thanks for the tip and I'm going to look into Plump for Joy finish spray.

I can certainly use more volume!

Frequent Contributor

May I ask where you can find those products? Your hair dresser or on line or drug store? I also have thin fine hair.

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 

I have fine hair but a lot of it.  That said, I have a part in the front that the curl would fall out of.

I found this gel at walmart, then later on amazon.  My new hairdresser was using it when I changed 6 months ago!

I rub a nickel size pump between my hands and go througn my hair, front and sides at the scalp.  I get another nickel size pump, rub between my hands and scrunch the length of the hair.  

I dry with a blow dryer on high hot, using a diffuser, and  moving back and forth leaning over for volume.

There seems to be a high varience in price.  Google it.  You can also look on amazon where I got my last.

Respected Contributor

@kug I purchased them all locally - either Target or Walmart.  HTH

Honored Contributor

Another good one is Texture Finishing Spray by TreSemme. I would not call this a finishing spray as in hairspray.  I use this on dry, styled hair.  I spray some at the root area in various parts of my hair and rub it in.  It really adds nice volume.  Then I follow it up with a hairspray.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Nick's volume and thickening mist and a few more of his thickening products. Also, Nioxin for  fine thinning hair shampoo and conditioner. Works for me.

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2    I recently purchased OUAI fine hair shampoo.  It gave me thickness, body and some volume. However, I found you cannot use this daily or every other day because it made the hair a little dry.  So, I will use every 2 weeks.  It does cut down on different products and it does deliver results.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 - Thanks so much for the recommendations!  I purchased the Pantene Hot Mama yesterday at my local grocery store.  What a great product!  First of all, it smells incredible.  Secondly, after a few sprays on dry hair, it gave me a ton of volume!!!  I did not even know about this product until you mentioned it.

Question - Do you use the (3) products together, or alternate on a daily basis?

I appreciate that you mentioned drugstore products.  Always nice to find something that works as well or better than a more expensive version.  

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2    Another product that I have used for many years is Aquage Thickening Spray gel.  It does thicken your hair so it gives you more body and some volume.  This is a greal product.

kindness is strength