Respected Contributor

Re: If you have really good skin at age 60 plus....with no fillers or work work done...

@Pink123 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

Most people say "I don't look my age".  When we are close up in a mirror putting on makeup, doing hair, whatever we show no expression.  So you will not see expression lines. We all look good close up in mirrors.

Also, most of us don't look at ourselves sideways (side profie - neck, jowls, bending over, etc).  Take selfie side shots of your face bending down slightly as if you were going to pick something up.

The best way is to take a video of yourself walking around, bending over, and showing all sides of yourself.  This will really assess if you need some help.

Caution: Only do this if you have a strong stomach.Woman LOL

My personal opinion is that doing all of the things you have mentioned might indicate that one needs a different kind of help.

@mom2four0418  HaHaHa -  true!  And your right I've seen this topic pop up here a few times and don't get it.

With a modest amount of care most people at any age

have "good skin". My dad at 90 had good skin. I'm talking about laxity, sagging, etc which is a whole other story.

I think radiance and beauty comes from within most of all anyway. 

PS. I've never heard anyone say to me "my you look

mighty old for your age today." Lol.

@Pink123 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

Most people say "I don't look my age".  When we are close up in a mirror putting on makeup, doing hair, whatever we show no expression.  So you will not see expression lines. We all look good close up in mirrors.

Also, most of us don't look at ourselves sideways (side profie - neck, jowls, bending over, etc).  Take selfie side shots of your face bending down slightly as if you were going to pick something up.

The best way is to take a video of yourself walking around, bending over, and showing all sides of yourself.  This will really assess if you need some help.

Caution: Only do this if you have a strong stomach.Woman LOL

My personal opinion is that doing all of the things you have mentioned might indicate that one needs a different kind of help.

@mom2four0418  HaHaHa -  true!  And your right I've seen this topic pop up here a few times and don't get it.

With a modest amount of care most people at any age

have "good skin". My dad at 90 had good skin. I'm talking about laxity, sagging, etc which is a whole other story.

I think radiance and beauty comes from within most of all anyway. 

PS. I've never heard anyone say to me "my you look

mighty old for your age today." Lol.

Neither have I! 😂

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Re: If you have really good skin at age 60 plus....with no fillers or work work done...

@Icegoddess  You go girl! Enjoy wearing your high heels as long as you can. I'm envious. The last time I wore dressy heels was at my daughter's weddding 15 years ago. Now it's Clark's

and Birkenstocks. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Icegoddess  You go girl! Enjoy wearing your high heels as long as you can. I'm envious. The last time I wore dressy heels was at my daughter's weddding 15 years ago. Now it's Clark's

and Birkenstocks. Smiley Sad

@Enufstuff I used to get a little ribbing about it pre-pandemic when we still had a choir, but mostly it was people who would love to be able to wear them again.  

I had a pair of Birkenstocks that I wore for years.  I wear them with socks though because my feet get cold even in summer.  They finally started falling apart and when I went to buy some new ones, they had added in that ridge that's meant to be a toe grip I guess, and they hurt my feet.  I did find some faux ones though that don't have the toe grip.  They're also a lot cheaper, but nowhere near as long-lived.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  Most of my Birkenstocks were purchased from QVC when they sold them. I have more than 15 pairs. The most

recent purchases have been from Nordtrom's, Marshall's and from the Birkenstock website. I now only by the sandals with the

soft footbeds and they are more comfortable. As we age, we lose

cushioning on the bottom of our feet.

Perhaps the soft footbed would work for you. They are still very supportive.

Esteemed Contributor

Both.  I will say hydration; hydration; hydration!  From within.  We must make sure we get the proper hydration daily.  We are supposed to sip on water the entire day (which should be equal to the daily recommended amount).  Staying hydrated, family hereditary things and that about does it.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Super Contributor

I have very good skin for 61. I always did look young for my age but I have in the last 5 years really worked at it with retin a , retinols, home microneedling and the other antiagers. I have no wrinkles at all and the face looks great. The neck not as much as I never really took care of my neck, it is just ok.. but over all look about 15 years younger. Treatments really do make a difference and never have had botox, or fillers etc.. I also never go out in the sun anymore and load up with sunscreen. The bigget thing If i was to do it over again would do retin a early in life and suncreen every day .. 

Super Contributor

I feel very fortunate, at 81, to have good skin.  I have had comments that I look 60.  I have used Olay products plus vasoline and vitamin E for as long as I can remember. I too take zinc and magnesium as well as drinking lots of tea.(iced)  One thing that I think also adds to ones beauty is a great attitude, kindness, loving life and grandchildren!

Respected Contributor

I think the type of skin you have definitely is hereditary.  I think you can ruin it with sun and help it with sunscreen and some products.  I always had oily skin in face and dry on arm and legs.  People always said I would appreciate it when I got old and did not wrinkle.  Well I am old and I don't have the fine lines but have the deep wrinkles from sagging skin.    Also the neck has folds.  I look at the hosts and stars in Hollywood who have access to everything and they still age just like we do so I don't think products are all that much help.  However I still use products hoping to wake up one morning looking younger. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I think the majority of good skin is good genes!  My mother had gorgeous skin.  I always looked way younger than my real age.  It hasn't been until recently, the last few years, that I have really started to look my actual age.  This is primarily I feel because of health issues and medications.  I will soon be 69 and am still told that I look quite good for my age.  However, I don't kid myself into thinking I'm looking like some young thing --- I accept where I am!  If it weren't for having rosacea, my skin would look much, much better.  I have no wrinkles, very few lines, so I'm fortunate --- so far.  I can't use any products that could help with anti-aging since my skin is so sensitve.  I don't do sun, and don't abuse my skin.  I try to eat sensibly.  I feel what you have posted is spot on!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Genetics and very oily skin do it for me.  Plus healthy food, exercise, and lots of water.  If your body is healthy, it shows on your face. 

My dad is 100, his sister is 98 - neither one had wrinkles until 80's.  So my day is coming!  At 72, I don't have any wrinkles on my face or neck yet - but I do have some sagging around my mouth.  Think Elizabeth Warren (the senator) - she has wrinkle-free, smooth skin, but she looks her age.  I was a sun bunny and lived at the lake and pool in my youth so I have some old sun spots on my cheeks and temples.  Plus I have some large pores on the sides of my nose that I've had since I was a teenager.  I don't want to obsess about my flaws, but concentrate on keeping my skin clean and body healthy.   

Beauty is an attitude - have a good one.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt