Super Contributor

If you have purchased a vitamix are you happy you did?

My family say I should cancel,it's too much money and all the fruit and veggie cost a lot. I want it to have a healthy body and lose 15 lbs.
Trusted Contributor

Re: If you have purchased a vitamix are you happy you did?

We love ours and use it daily. It's well worth the money.
Honored Contributor

It's definitely an investment, but if you look at all the comparison tests, the Vitamix is always on top. I'd kind of wanted one for years, but never thought I'd spend that much money on an appliance. Then, one day a couple of years ago, I happened upon a guy at Costco doing a demo and selling brand new (not refurbs) units. I bought one spur of the moment and didn't tell DH until he got home that night. He was fine with it. We use ours a lot. One piece of advice, though...if you're going to spend the money to get one, keep it on your counter so you'll use it. If you put it away, you'll be less likely to pull it out and then it would be a big waste of money. You can get a lot of fresh fruits at Costco, in large containers. Everything "grocery" is getting more and more expensive these days, but Costco's seem reasonable for all that you get. When your favorite fruits aren't in season, you can use frozen to make your smoothies.

Respected Contributor

I bought one several years ago and I use it quite a bit. I do make mostly smoothies with it since a friend turned me onto the green smoothie trend a while ago. I like it, it does what I want and I definitely eat more veggies/fruits than I would w/o converting them into a smoothie.

Sure fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive but as you said, they are also very good for you. Besides the recipes in the book, I like a website called simplegreensmoothies.com for a variety of choices.

Good luck and good health!

Super Contributor

Love it! It's out on the counter and is used every day for fruit smoothies. Well worth the money.

Frequent Contributor

Keep it - you got a great deal!! I wish I would have gotten a TSV. The one I bought came with the 64oz container - but I ended up getting the 48oz from Costco now that's the only size I use.

Costco has big bags of organic kale mix in the refrigerated section, I think it's called "power blend".. I put that directly into the freezer so it stays good for weeks. Perfect to throw a handful into anything you are making.

Respected Contributor

For those that make green smoothies, does this make them to aerated and frothy or do they come out pretty good? I know this make be a silly question but just wanted to be sure.

I regretted not buying it yesterday as the tsv. I figured I would get it from Costco since it will be easy enough to return if need be, but right, I dont know that I need a 64 oz container. I have been contemplating getting a juicer but think I would rather get a vitamix even though maybe both would be good. But, I am not getting both.

Super Contributor

Thank you we don't have a Costco but we do have Sams club. I get my veggies there. Has anyone lost weight making the green smoothie?
Occasional Contributor

Hi aprilskies, I would not get a juicer. I would get the Vitamix. I have both. I use my Vitamix at least two times a day. It is the best investment for my kitchen I have ever made and I have many appliances.

I wasted money on the Ninja and Montel Williams' machine. I wish I had just bought the Vitamix and saved myself a lot of money. You will not regret this purchase. I have sold the Vitamix to many people (brother, friends, cousins, etc.), and they all purchased right here on QVC (QVC should give me a commission). They have the best return policy should you not like it. Besides, what it does for your skin drinking all those vegetables is amazing. Also, customer service at Vitamix is absolutely wonderful. I splintered my tamper (don't ask lol) and they replaced it with no questions asked.

Good luck

Honored Contributor

I use mine daily.

I start every day with an Almased shake.

I also use it for making soups out of leftover veggies.

Yesterday I tried making the vanilla custard and poured it over berries from the farmers market. It was fast and yummy. Since I used Stevia, it was low carb too.

I love to use it for frozen drinks when I have guests over. I destroyed many blenders, even expensive ones, trying to crush ice in the past.

Can you lose weight on green smoothies? Only if they are low cal and you reduce your intake of other foods....they should be a meal replacement, not a shake on the side!