Honored Contributor

Re: If you have grey hair, here's what Bobbi Brown says about your makeup...

@San Antonio Gal 

You have a blog?  Are  you willing to share it with us?  I'd love to read it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't @monicakm .  The poster earlier was talking about this thread.  But thanks for asking!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am very fair skinned.  I usually wear the next lightest up from the first shade, maybe the next if they have tons of colors. Bobby Brown is one foundation that I can say I have never found a color I could wear.  And I have tried her full range of lightshades from when it was first available in only a very few stores.

Some makeup lines just don't get it right with their foundations for some skin tones.  And that one is a no for me.  So not everything she says is gospel.  I'm just saying that if there are others like me thinking "I must be doing something wrong."  It may not be you!  Woman Wink

And for me, no to glitter eye makeup.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I hope you thought fast and let her pay for the blouse lol. What a nice compliment.

By far I get my most compliments from teenagers and 20-somethings.  There is an older greeter lady at Walmart that compliments my complexion and makeup every time she sees me but by and large it's the younger crowd.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I have autoimmune illnesses but I've never heard of the red wolf look. And I don't have rosacea.  Interesting, I'll have to Google this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@Nonametoday 

I have autoimmune illnesses but I've never heard of the red wolf look. And I don't have rosacea.  Interesting, I'll have to Google this.

@monicakm  Not all autoimmune illnesses are alike.  My DH has diabetes and he does not have it, but it is not of the small vessels.

FOLLOWUP ON MY POST

@monicakm    It was called lupus, latin for wolf, because the skin lesions could be so severe that it looked like the patients “were ravaged by wolves.”  Not every autoimmune disease is lupus but many affect the small vessels and the collagen tissue, so others get similar skin lesions on their faces/noses, some call it the "butterfly patch."

Honored Contributor

@AbbeyPenny1226 wrote:

Shanus,
What is your favorite product for tightlining?
And do you lift your upper lid and apply on the underneath side?

For many years I used Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner, but am now finding that if I use it to tightline it flakes on my contact lenses.  Ouch!

I've had slightly better luck with Mac gel liners, but am still interested in finding a holy grail tightlining product.  Thanks in advance!

@AbbeyPenny1226   Sorry, I just spotted this reading through the thread....it didn't say @Shanus, so I didn't get flagged.

I love the long wearing/waterproof  pencils by Urban Decay. I also like Mally's pencils, but the ones that sharpen are difficult to find. Most of her pencils now are narrow and very pointy. Pencils that need a sharpener can be kept clean to be near the eyes. The best pencils are soft, but long wearing.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

it didn't say @Shanus, so I didn't get flagged.

I've been noticing that too.  I'm sure I've missed some messages becuase of it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

Thank you for so much for sharing. I found both Bobbi's suggestions and the comments posted by Beauties here quite interesting. In fact I had a bit of an epiphany relative to my specific needs. I mentioned this on the Lancer thread and unsuccessfully attempted to tag you. It's post #10007 if you're interested. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  - What a lovely pic!  You've got a gorgeous head of hair and what a great example of what Bobbi is saying about adding color with the grey.  The colored glasses go so well with your hair color - great combination!  So cool of you to post your pic.  Love it!  Hope you enjoy wearing your other ones too.  Smiley Happy