Trusted Contributor

If you have gotten fillers for your wrinkles can we talk?

I understand they use a different filler for the eleven lines between the brows and then something else for the nasal area from nose to mouth and around........I was wondering if you had any bad side effects or did you love it? Seems it would saved on expensive creams if you only need a little fill...........Did you have much down time or did your face show work had been done like swelling?  Thank you so much.

Valued Contributor

Re: If you have gotten fillers for your wrinkles can we talk?

I have been doing Botox, Juvederm and Radiesse for years. Some times I have had some bruising, it's because I haven't stopped talking fish oil and I didn't start Arncia about four days ahead of time. Is it worth it? To me yes. I do not get so much that it's obvious and unless I told you you wouldn't know.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so very much.  Thank you for suggested arnica.  I did not think a person would bruise.  Do you swell also around your mouth and in your frown lines?  Thank you. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 80 and been getting all since age 75.  I get bruising sometime bad around eyes when they get fillers, nort botox.  This is because I need to stop aspirin a week before. Artecia cream heals it quickly.  I do love the look, but I have a license nurse do it at the dermatologist office.

Botox on forehead and eleven lines between, filler under eyes with botox on corners.  Fillers and botox on upper lip.  Last six to eight months. It is my once a year tuneup.  Creams help for good skin, but do not help wrinkles, no matter what they say.

Trusted Contributor

I started taking cod liver oil and I will stop that tomorrow.  I did not know fish oil would cause side effect.  Do you think you can use cheaper face creams since I might have fillers?  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for the posts.  I will make sure I stop aspirin, I asked the dermatologist if I needed to do anyting and he said no but now I see I need to stop taking fish pills and aspirin and get some arncia and take 5 days before. Thank you, anything else?

Trusted Contributor

Does your face feel frozen?  Thank you. I need all the advice I can get.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I,'ve never use anything cheaper and my wrinkles are not deep, skin very smooth.  I use Ester Lauder, Dr. Denese, and some Perricone.  You can try.  I am cutting back.  Dr Denese has too many things.  I like her serum, retinol, day, night cream and eyes. Good luck.  It,s not easy getting old, but as least I,m above ground and healthy.

Esteemed Contributor

No , face feels and looks normal, just younger

Respected Contributor

Just got a small amount of filler around the mouth and I didn't think the bruising would ever go away.  I never thought about the fish oil I take.  I'll remember that next time.  I think I should have gone further and addressed the fine lip lines as well, but maybe next time.  This was my first time.  Is it normal to feel little pockets of filler in the wrinkles?  I can't really see it, but I can feel it.