Frequent Contributor

Re: If you have Dry Hair, You Need This.........

I ran out and got this yesterday since I needed new shampoo anyway.  LOVE the way it smells but that is about it.  My hair was full of knots even with the conditioner. Even with air drying my hair it was competely frizzy.  My search continues.

Honored Contributor

@missmouse12   That is too bad.  I had excellent results.  My hair is thin/normal and perhaps you have thick hair?   I can't believe you used a conditioner and you ended up with knots.  Quite unusual but continue your search. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland   I just received a complaint on this thread from a woman that said she used the shampoo and conditioner and ended up with knots.  It worked miracles on my hair.  I guess some people have more issues with their hair unlike me.  Hopefully, you will be pleased.  I have never had issues with Acure products.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have thin, color treated and dry hair.  I have to use some kind of conditioner or I cannot even get a brush through my hair.  It will be a tangled, knotted mess.  I actually prefer a lighter spray leave-in conditioner however, right now I am using a full conditioner and as long as I don't get crazy with the amount, I'm okay.  I also concentrate more on the ends of my hair and I don't rub it into the root area.

I don't have a big problem with shampoos drying out my hair with the exception of Calista.  I loved it at first but after a little while, my hair was like straw and coming out by the handfuls in the shower.  Anyhow, the biggest culprit I have with drying out my hair is hairsprays.  I just had to toss one that was really drying my hair out something horrible.     

Trusted Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

@Katcat1 

Your comment about thin hair and conditioner is interesting.  Recently, I only used shampoo and my thin, curly hair actually had more body.

It never occurred to me that conditioner might not be necessary for everyone.  A true "aha" moment.

Yep, that's me, curly thin dry hair!  Can't use conditioner at all.   I just let it air dry. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Alison Wonderland   I just received a complaint on this thread from a woman that said she used the shampoo and conditioner and ended up with knots.  It worked miracles on my hair.  I guess some people have more issues with their hair unlike me.  Hopefully, you will be pleased.  I have never had issues with Acure products.

It was on sale at Whole Foods, so I picked some up last night and will try it tomorrow. @Katcat1.

I didn't buy the conditioner. I have a conditioner I absolutely love and it costs me between $5 and $10 for a liter (depending on sales), so I see no need to replace it. Shampoos I experiment with more often because it's hard find a good sulfate-free shampoo. 

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  My personal experience with Acure shampoos has been an excellent.  I am fond of their volume, mega moisture and now this one.  I hope it works for you.

kindness is strength