Respected Contributor

Re: If you had to choose just one skincare line to use, which would it be?

Over the years I have tried many skin care products and always end up going back to Clinique.  Another vote for Clinique.

Trusted Contributor

If only one line, it would be isomers.  But I love oneloveoganics oil cleanser and drunk elephant retinol and vit c.   By the way, for the poster who asked, these lines are all cruelty free.

Respected Contributor

Lancôme 

Trusted Contributor

Sisley-Paris

HeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

I could never be loyal to just one skincare or makeup brand. I like to try new products but my main requirement is that skincare products be unscented. So I have skincare products by Clinique, Marcelle (a Canadian brand), Almay, The Ordinary, The Inkey List and Bioderma.

I do have a couple of scented skincare products though, the camelia oil cleanser by Tatcha and a facial sunscreen by Clio (a Korean brand).

Most of my color cosmetics are also unscented. The brands I use that aren't scented include Revlon, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Clinique, Lipstick Queen, Covergirl, Too Faced, Marcelle and Annabelle. Some of my lipsticks are lightly scented though. I'm lucky in that most Canadian drugstores have testers so I can smell the item and swatch it before I decide if i want to buy it or not.

Occasional Contributor

Josie Maran hands down! The difference in my skin is amazing, and I'll never be without! Don't knock it 'til youve tried it! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Cerave as recommended by my derm.  PTR serum at night.

Esteemed Contributor

M Asam

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I could ever use just one brand.  At one point in time when it debuted I was all Principal Secret for about 5 years, but even then I used Borghese Advanced Spa Lift for Eyes.  Of all the brands out there the only ones I would consider being monogamous to are: MAsam, Algenist, Josie Maran, DHC, Peter Thomas Roth, Perricone, and Ole Henriksen.  All of these brands have multiple products which I like very much.  Howver, if I think about everything from cleansers to specialty products (such as masks) I may have to give the nod to Josie.  Overall, in this group she has the most products which I would list among my favorites in each category of my complete skincare regimen.  

Respected Contributor

@chgobrsfan 

@chgobrsfan wrote:

Does anyone have a favorite skincare line that is cruelty free?  I would be interested to know your favorites.

I like Juice Beauty skin care but not their makeup.    I really like BeautyCounter's skin care products but not some of their dispensers.  For example, their serum is in a bottle with a dropper and the dropper stopped working so I had to dab it out on my finger.   That worked but why would they use more expensive dropper system when it really doesn't work.

Also, their night cream is in a jar.  To get it out you have to push down on a 'lid with a hole' and the cream comes up to the top and out the hole.   That's doesn't always work either and you can't see how much is left in the jar.

I also like how hard the company is working to get legislation passed in DC to regulate what can be put in skin care and makeup.   The EU and many other countries strictly regulate to keep toxic and unsafe ingredients from being used in MU.  The US does not.  

So, for now I'm using BC cleanser , which i love, and day moisturizer and Juice serum and night cream.

I won't use any product from a company that does any type of animal testing and it infuriates me that with thousands of products available in all price ranges, women still buy products that use animal testing.

To those of you that use products that test on animals, would you offer your cat or dog to be used for testing on cosmetics???