Respected Contributor

If you gave up Wen, what is your choice of shampoo & conditioner now.......

I gave up Wen and now use Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Shampoo & Conditioner. It takes very little. I do not have to cleanse, repeat and cleanse again. Only one cleanse then conditioner. My hair is shiny, full of volume and my hair color last (no fading). 🙋💐
Honored Contributor

Re: If you gave up Wen, what is your choice of shampoo & conditioner now.......

I haven't given up WEN but if I did, Nourising Tweak-d would be the one I'd use, either the can or tub. I also like the Shea moisture co-wash for the scalp.

I haven't liked the Nick Chavez items I've tried, including the one you mentioned. Too drying for my hair.

Honored Contributor

I haven't given up on WEN completely, but am using it less often these days.  I'll use WEN probably every 3-4 cleansings.  My current shampoo & conditioner is the Nick Chavez Volumizing duo that was offered last month.  After using WEN only for several years, using shampoo took a little getting used to.  It felt like my hair was dry (while wet) and snarled, but the conditioning step immediately took care of that.  I like the NC products (have the mequite serum and some hairsprays too), but I'm also thinking of trying Kenra Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner, mousse and root lift (currently on sale at Ulta)

Honored Contributor

I gave up Wen about 6 wks ago. I thought when I started using it eventually my oily scalp would balance out & I would not have to wash every day or every other day. My scalp got oilier so I stopped. My hair has also thinned a lot. No I don't blame it on Wen. I found Andalou Age Defying formula for thinning hair. It has helped with the oil & my hair looks & feels fuller. My hair is soft, shiny & not oily. I almost did not try this shampoo & conditioner. I'm so glad I did. I also love the fragrance. It smells spicy. It's sulfate free but still lathers, no parabens, no wax, does not dry out my hair. Oh & did I say both are easy to rinse. I still have several bottles of Wen so I guess I will have to use them here & there until they are gone.

Shampoo:

Aloe barbadensis juice*, sodium laurylglucosides hydroxypropylsulfonate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, vegetable glycerin, cyamopsis tetragonolobus (guar) gum*, fruit stem cells (malus domestica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex*, vitis vinifera (grape seed) and argania spinosa (argan) oils*, vitamin B complex (biotin, thiamine, pyridoxine, niacin, riboflavin, and panthenol), glycine soja (soy) protein, hair regeneration complex [tussilago farfara (coltsfoot), achillea millefolium (yarrow), cinchona succirubra (quinine bark), cysteine, glycosaminoglycans, spiraea ulmaria (meadowsweet)], argania spinosa (argan) sprout cell extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) and linum usitatissimum (flax) oils*, camellia sinensis (white tea) and hibiscus rosa-sinensis extracts*†, tocopherol (vitamin E), allantoin, sodium benzoate, citric acid, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, cedrus atlantica (cedarwood), cananga odorata (ylang ylang) and eugenia caryophyllus (clove) oils*.

* Certified Organic

† Fair Trade

Trusted Contributor

I started thinking about alternatives to WEN when Dennis reappeared on HSN with a conditioning cleanser.  He abandoned all of the faithful Ojon devotees and there was no viable alternative until WEN.  But, now he's back and if anyone understands conditioning it ought to be him. So I've taken the first plunge just to explore the possibility....

What if there suddenly was NO WEN?  What to do when in about five years my gallons run out? LOL !  What to do in the short term for heat protectant spray ? styling ?

I hope the contributors offer more information about their experiences with Tweek'd .  I'd like to know what happens if you use it in conjunction with WEN. Do you Nourish, Wen, Nourish? or Wen then Nourish? One at a time? One or the other?   Oh My!

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

I started thinking about alternatives to WEN when Dennis reappeared on HSN with a conditioning cleanser.  He abandoned all of the faithful Ojon devotees and there was no viable alternative until WEN.  But, now he's back and if anyone understands conditioning it ought to be him. So I've taken the first plunge just to explore the possibility....

What if there suddenly was NO WEN?  What to do when in about five years my gallons run out? LOL !  What to do in the short term for heat protectant spray ? styling ?

I hope the contributors offer more information about their experiences with Tweek'd .  I'd like to know what happens if you use it in conjunction with WEN. Do you Nourish, Wen, Nourish? or Wen then Nourish? One at a time? One or the other?   Oh My!

When I combine it with WEN, I do this- add some Tweak-d to my ends on dry hair for a few minutes, then jump in the shower, add Tweak-d to my scalp and massage in, rinse out the tweak=d on the ends, add WEN to the length of my hair, leave in then rinse out everything when I am about done with my shower. It is easy and my hair turns out great. HTH!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoG wrote:

CoG,  I am not a Wen user (tried it and hated what it did to my hair) but I can share that I tried Tweak'd and really liked what it did for my hair ... but ended up returning it because it was so strongly perfumed.  I honestly felt ill after using it because the strong perfume hung on the entire day. To my nose, the perfume is way over the top. (I went back to using my normal hair products and am always happier with them, so that's where I'm staying!)

By the way, I actually sent an email about the harsh perfume scent to the Tweak'd company and received an incredibly nice and honest reply. They said I was not the first one to complain about the highly perfumed products, that they were well aware of the issue, and that they may consider making an unscented or lightly scented one in the future.  I really appreciated that they admitted that many are complaining about the uber-strong perfume scents. 

Honored Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@CoG wrote:

CoG,  I am not a Wen user (tried it and hated what it did to my hair) but I can share that I tried Tweak'd and really liked what it did for my hair ... but ended up returning it because it was so strongly perfumed.  I honestly felt ill after using it because the strong perfume hung on the entire day. To my nose, the perfume is way over the top. (I went back to using my normal hair products and am always happier with them, so that's where I'm staying!)

By the way, I actually sent an email about the harsh perfume scent to the Tweak'd company and received an incredibly nice and honest reply. They said I was not the first one to complain about the highly perfumed products, that they were well aware of the issue, and that they may consider making an unscented or lightly scented one in the future.  I really appreciated that they admitted that many are complaining about the uber-strong perfume scents. 

Thanks for sharing this information. I was about to place an order for the HSN TS, but I think I'll hold off for now. I don't like to purchase strongly scented things without smelling them beforehand. I don't like things that are too strongly scented for one, and if it's a smell I don't like AND it stays with me all day - no thanks.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue have you ever smelled the original  Ojon suff? It smells very similar to that, imo.

Super Contributor

I've been using Aletna Bamboo vibrant color shampoo and conditioner. But guess what? My hair has been bleaching out way more than it ever did with WEN.

I may have to switch back.....