Trusted Contributor

If you ever took a Makeup Class/Lesson, did you find it Helpful?

I figure I know how to do my makeup, I won't learn anything new really. Or am I wrong? (I could afford to learn more about eyeshadow)

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you ever took a Makeup Class/Lesson, did you find it Helpful?

@JBKO, years ago, I worked for a modeling school.  What I learned was that when the lights are out (not pitch black), you should be able to see your eyes and especially your lips.  Most people are afraid that they will end up putting on too much lipstick, but both areas really highlight your face--as long as you don't put on so much that it becomes garish.  I still use this tip when I finish my makeup as I turn off my makeup light and the bathroom lights and take a look.  Generally, I am pleased.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I'm 65 & figure I can always learn something new about make-up. I love to watch any videos on make up. I still watch "What not to wear" re-runs. The hair & make-up part is my favorite part of the show. I've just recently tried the eye shadow from Lipsense. It's a little different getting used to. I'm always ready beauty & make-up tips.  I don't wear make-up everyday & don't wear a lot when I do, but I'm always facinated with looking at make-up.  You're never too old to learn anything. I learn something new EVERY day of my life. 

Valued Contributor

@JBKO

Good morning . Yes when I starting working in my 20's (lmid 80's)   I went to MAC in NYC and it was  great . Before I went cruelty free I used Bobbie Brown /MAC and 2 times a year Bloomingdales had events to meet Bobbie Brown and get makeup done . Now I use only cruelty free makeup brands and much of my makeup is organic/cleaner brands . In September I had a lesson with Green Makeup Artist Kristten Arnett . I learned so much actually brought my own makeup , and was able to use 95% of it . The best tips I learned was that because I have redness in my skin my best blush color is a peachy color . I have dark brown hair with silver and always wore pinkish  shades which made the redness more prominent . What I thought was most important is that before we began she asked me who's beauty style I like . I am 54 and said I feel that Helen Mirren  and Meryl Streep always look great and classic . We found some pictures and created a look from there . 

Its always fun to learn new things or just have a lttle pampering time for yourself 

Trusted Contributor

You are all proving me wrong!

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Esteemed Contributor

I've taken quite a few of these classes throughtout the years. It was something fun to do as a girls night out.  I always learned something new. However, I find the videos on line and watching the extended on air demos very informative. Products and methods change over the years. There are many makeup lines at the department stores that will offer this service on the spot. Decide what will work best for you. 

Respected Contributor

I am 68 and always searching for new ways to apply my makeup. Especially as we age, the application is different. Don't ever want to be accused of being stuck in the 70's. Lol! Just googled how to eyeshadows. Haven't been happy with my technique lately. Found some very helpful hints.

Respected Contributor

I’d start with some YouTube and ehow videos. They can be eye opening (pun intended).

Honored Contributor

I don’t think you’re ever too old (or to young) to learn new tips/techniques about makeup.

Just started using an off-white waterproof pencil in bottom waterline to make eyes appear larger & take out some red veining that can come w/ age. I use navy when doing a more makeup look (rarely).