Trusted Contributor

Re: If you could only use one brand of beauty products who would you choose?

@chiclet if I had to choose one line it would certainly be Peter Thomas Roth.  His is the only line besides the former Paula's Choice that provides therapeutic levels of proven, scientifically valid, ingredients without fillers and fluff. PTR is one of a very few lines to consistently earn top ratings from Beautypedia.

PTR cleansers are excellent, glycolic, Rose stem cell, cucumber, anti aging, they're all superior and can be tailored to specific needs.  Retinol pm is fabulous, all the benefits without the irritation of standard retinol serums.  IMO PTR peels and peel pads rival philosophy's in efficacy with more sensible ingredient decks. The Water Drench serum and cream are outstanding and I love Un-Wrinkle night and MegaRich.  And, No one makes better masques, no one!  

You can't go wrong with PTR

Respected Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I swear by Dr. Denese skincare products. I started later than usual with "good" skincare and I still see results. I'm so pleased with the products and the results. 

@Fressa may I ask what you use of Dr. Denese?

Super Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

For me right now it would be Peter Thomas Roth.  I like his retinol pm and Firm x peeling gel.  I never really expect results but the other day I realized my skin tone is more even.  I was shocked.  I want to try the cloud cream and retinol pm for eyes.

Skincare: Isomers

Cosmetics: It Cosmetics

Respected Contributor

I use many different lines for makeup but if I had to choose only one line for skin care, it would be CeraVe because it has beneficial ingredients without any added fragrance or things you don't need.

Honored Contributor

Isomers. Because I use mostly their products now anyway. I could replace the other products I use with (granted, more expensive) ones from the line. For example, I could replace CeraVe PM with one of Isomers ceramide creams. And I could find the niacinamide in the CeraVe PM in one of Isomers dark spot reducing serums. There aren't any other lines that I know of where I could apply my skincare philosophy using just their products.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@chicletIf I really had to choose only one, it would be "Jane Iredale". But I could never be without my "Blinc" mascara. And Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadow. When it comes to skincare, I'm not really loyal.

Esteemed Contributor

Nivea

Honored Contributor

I would choose:

Makeup:  Laura Mercier

Skincare:  Josie Maran, No. 7, Acure Oganics  

I would never use one brand for skincare and for makeup if I had to choose one brand that is easy for me because Laura M. offers so many choices/undertones for her tinted moisturizers and foundations.  Once you find your shade you stop looking.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm loyal only to that which works, and for me it's PTR's Retinol PM.  I've used it for a long time, ran out and purchased Estee Lauder's version.  Been using it a month and my skin's reversing.  Purchased PTR's gunga bottle and started it again and hopefully I'll reverse the reversing....

I use very little make up but will use IT cream blush and very little light foundation and a little light pink lipstick....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Hard to say one...Peter Thomas Roth for sure, but I also like some of Paula's products as I like fragrance free items.  

Makeup---so hard to say too--perhaps Urban Decay, but I like so many other lines too.   (too faced, Tarte, Clinique, Lancome mascara), etc. etc. etc.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"