Honored Contributor

Re: If you could only have One Eye Shadow color.....................

Nars Corfu.

And it appears to have been discontinued.  Of course.  I was able to find one on EBay earlier this year so I have a backup for the one I'm using now. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   Not sure of Sephora or Nordstrom has a Stila Kitten set with shadow, gloss, etc. * Kitten is also a great shade to put in the inner corner...brightens and lightens.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Bobbi Brown's Camel.  It's been a staple in my makeup case since the shade was introduced. I screamed bleep-bleep at the company when some years ago it was discontinued for a while. I was one happy camper when the color was returned to the line. It doesn't matter what shades my eyeshadow will be I usually start with a base of Camel on the lids. It also looks good alone on me with a highlight of some kind of gold on the brow bone. 

@Trix   It's maddening when BB discontinued their individual  shadows (the ones I loved). At one time I had over 12 of the 6 pan palettes that you fill with your choice of shadows. I had them organized by shade...light to dark, shimmers, etc. Blushes could also be put in these empty palettes. 

I hit pan on most since I had them for over 8 yrs. Finally they were tossed.

***I had duplicates of all 12 palettes....for me and for clients. They can only be sprayed with alcohol to sanitize so many times before they needed to be tossed. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Franklinbell   Bobbi Brown did not have a banana eye shadow.  I wanted to see what the shade looked like but I did a search with no results with the eye shadows offered.

@Katcat1   At one time, when Bobbi was at the helm, there was a banana shade that she recommended as a base shade for deeper skin tones. Ivory and white were the choices for fair/medium complexions. 

Big mistake to be eliminating shades and coming out with only a few palettes a year. Definitely not keeping up with the trends.

It seems they're concentrating on the shadow sticks and just came out with another selection of new ones.

Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

what would it be?

I would choose silver gray with a touch of shimmer medium/dark shade.  I chose this color becausuuuuuuue it compliments my eye color and it can be used as an eye liner too.  This one is from Stila but several years ago and a powder.

How about you?

Lavenders, plums and mauves to pop the green in my hazel eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Franklinbell   Bobbi Brown did not have a banana eye shadow.  I wanted to see what the shade looked like but I did a search with no results with the eye shadows offered.

@Katcat1   At one time, when Bobbi was at the helm, there was a banana shade that she recommended as a base shade for deeper skin tones. Ivory and white were the choices for fair/medium complexions. 

Big mistake to be eliminating shades and coming out with only a few palettes a year. Definitely not keeping up with the trends.

It seems they're concentrating on the shadow sticks and just came out with another selection of new ones.

@Shanus  As a woman of color, Banana was the shade I used for brow bone and my first all-over eyeshadow base layer when it was available. However, experience with results and other (professional) opinions for applying eyeshadow steered me to using the Camel in that manner. Lancome's Robert Cook is a strong proponent of using a darker color as the first layer. 

It is rather disappointing that the Bobbi Brown brand has moved away from singles and is focused on sticks and palettes. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bobbi Brown's Heather powder shadow.  I wear it every day with Laura Mercier Black Violet eye liner.  

I really like Mally's Glow for a brownish shade - with black liner - too.  

Esteemed Contributor

This is difficult to answer. If I had to have just one color, it would be a light brown/ mauve. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@kitcat1 oh no!! That may mean it been discontinued… ugh I’ll check and see…stay tuned!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh… I hate when that happens… thank you for checking! Now I'm on the hunt for something new....