Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could have one vanity surgery what would it be?

When I was young, I always thought I would have anything done that needed to be done as time marched on.

Since I've lived and seen operations, I would never let anybody take a knife to my face.

In fact, I won't let anybody take a knife to me in Elective surgery. Only if necessary.

Has anybody seen the "Skin Tight" shows after their body has been tightened? No way here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't undergo any elective cosmetic "vanity" surgery.

General anesthesia is always a risk, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions.

But if something severely affected my physical and/or psychological health and nothing else worked, I might consider it.

Esteemed Contributor

Does liposuction count as surgery?  I would do that.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

the giggle under my chin.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Breast Reduction and lift.

Super Contributor

I'd have my hooded eyelids corrected. I've always hated them, and they have only gotten worse as I've aged.  People are always asking me if I'm tired or what's wrong because I appear to be scowling. I'd love to remedy that!

Super Contributor

I would totally get my puffy eyebags done. Not sure how they do it, but would love them to be gone. I'm always being asked if I'm tired or sick. If I cry 😫 for some reason they get even puffier.

Valued Contributor

I had breast reduction 10 years ago. Absolutely would do it again!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@hellokitty wrote:

No plastic surgery for me...my vanity procedure would be braces.  Parents would have rather had their beer and my dad always told me if he had the money to put into my teeth I wouldn't have taken care of them anyhow.

At 62 I have lived with my horrible overbite and crooked teeth all my life but I am ashamed of them and rarely smile.  I thank the good Lord that my hubby loves me just as I am.

@hellokitty:

Lots of overbites help sculpt your face (cheekbones especially), and are considered sehxy.  ;-)

Besides, we all have "flaws" - outside and inside.

Honored Contributor

I don't have the money but if I did and were in better health and about 20 years younger I would do a few things.  I would never do a face lift or anything of that nature.  I would do a few things to my face which are not really surgery but just things to help me feel better about my complexion.  I would get the broken capillaries on my cheeks and chin addressed.  I would also have the "11" between my eye brows taken care of, as well as the small vertical lines on either side of my nose, and something done about the vertical lines which are beginning above my top lip.  These things really bug me!!!

As for surgery --- I have never been satisfied with my my hip and thigh area no matter how thin I was.  I would get some fat removed from innner and outer thigh area and perhaps have the rear fixed just a bit.  

That's it!!  Then, I'd be pretty happy!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin