Respected Contributor

If you are on the fence about trying Gingerbread Man....

By Philosophy, I am saying try it! I love this scent and it’s my favorite for fall/winter. 

They are so correct about it smelling like ginger ale. I love it! 

Respected Contributor

Re: If you are on the fence about trying Gingerbread Man....

I agree with you. The formula is different...suds up better. I think they call it a gelee formula. So refreshing.

Valued Contributor

sorry but i will not use any bath product with food names in them. I do not want to smell like food. I also hate candles that smel like food. 

Honored Contributor

I LOVE  gingerbreadman--have the shower gel and the body butter--it smells like a glass of bubbly ginger ale. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan,  i actually purchased it when I heard Shawn say that it does not smell like a gingerbread cookie.  This was the first time I heard that.  What I don't understand is that on philosophy website they do not give an explanation of their scents.  How ridiculous is that?  If you want to sell something give all the info.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I have loved this for years! My top two favorite shower gel scents in Philosophy are Gingerbread Man and Cinnamon Buns. Right now I have the big 32 oz. Gingerbread Man in my shower and the new souffle (which I love)! I'm surprised that they didn't come out with a Cinnamon Buns souffle yet.
Super Contributor

Do not like the smell at all of Gingerbread man. But I love Cinnamon Buns. That is what I wish they would carry more. CB is the best smell ever and my husband and son love it. I and my family happen to love the smell of food like this and wish it woud linger all day. We want to smell like food. Too each his own. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I got the Christmas in July duo of two 32-oz. Gingerbread Man. This has been a favorite of mine for awhile, but I was hesitant to order it because of all the reviews saying the fragrance had changed. I'm glad I went ahead with my order...it still smells just as good as I remember!

It's not a cookie scent (I do think the name is misleading), it's a fresh, bubbly ginger ale fragrance. I'm not a fan of food scents, either, but this is not a food scent to me.

Honored Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

sorry but i will not use any bath product with food names in them. I do not want to smell like food. I also hate candles that smel like food. 

That is your own personal choice but the scent of these do not linger at all. They are made to be a sensory experience while you bathe but aren't meant to last on the skin.

I use many Philosophy shower gels and none of them leave the scent on my skin.

Trusted Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

Well I don't!