Respected Contributor

If it is so great, why would they say this?

Watched a little of IT Cosmetics early this am.

They were showing their "Miracle Water."  They said it was customer top rated.  Host was Courtney K.  She kept saying that it was the only order of it.  So get it while it lasts.

If a product was that well received, why wouldn't you get more?  I have heard this said before and always wonder why!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: If it is so great, why would they say this?

Just a sales tactic, you know," hurry up and order yours it's going fast and who knows when it will come back".LOL

Honored Contributor

For me it's an anti-sales tactic unless it's a product I already love.  Why would I buy something I might fall in love with knowing that it will no longer be available?  I'd just rather not know.  

Now, sometimes it's becasue they're going to come out with a new and improved version, but for cosmetics that may not really be the case.  There was an SSC product (Creamarum) I rather liked, but when they came out with the improved version (Creamarum Evolve) I didn't like it as well and because they had "improved" it they also upped the price of it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

More than likely its because it's impossile to manufacture it fast.  Some places are not able to stop production of basic products to manufacture a specific product.  I have heard many vendors on different channels explain this.  It happens all the time.  A baker where I live has the best angel food cakes (which always are gone quickly after putting them on the shelves)  but doesn't offer them often because they use the same equipment that their more well known staple items are made and can only produce the angel food cakes when they have finished making the regular order items.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's the FOMO or fear of missing out sales tactic that has become common among beauty brands and beauty sellers in order to move a product. Tell the customer that this is a limited edition product or that this is the only/last order of the year, etc. in order to make a sale.

Esteemed Contributor

I love how they say how rare the harvest is, it's limited supply, and then they offer auto delivery!

Respected Contributor

Westmore did this before Christmas with an eyeshadow palette. They were numbered and very limited supply. Well they are still available here on the Q. Much of it is to get us running to the computer to stock up. There will never be another product like that again. Lol!

Honored Contributor

I love how they say how wonderful a product is, nothing like it on the market, then it disappears for a length of time and now it reappears as "new and improved!!" Well if it was so great why did they need to improve it? (my guess is, it wasn't so great at all.)

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003  That is just as bad as Shaun ordering on TV -- "give me 3 pairs, one in each color, small."  Who cares?  Actually, it is funny.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@hyacinth003  That is just as bad as Shaun ordering on TV -- "give me 3 pairs, one in each color, small."  Who cares?  Actually, it is funny.  Cat Very Happy

That's a load of bull.

If a host wants it, they see it way before the viewer does.  They can order anytime they want, and are not ordering when on the air.  It is completely dishonest.

Hyacinth