Trusted Contributor

If You Wear Glasses, do you prefer the way you look................

If you wear glasses, do you prefer the way you look with or without them?

For me, when I was young - glasses were a big no.  Now, I think I look better with them on.  I have some bags under my eyes (runs in the family) and as I've aged my eyes look a lot smaller than they did when I was young.   Not sure, but maybe they sunk in a little with age?  So, for me - I prefer myself with glasses.

Valued Contributor

Re: If You Wear Glasses, do you prefer the way you look................

Well.  I can see almost nothing with them off...so on.  Definately on.  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it better without them. Can't see my wrinkles as much as when I have them on.

Respected Contributor

can't see without my specs.  my eyes look bigger with glasses on.  i have raisin eyes.  golden raisins lol

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop 

Years ago I found I needed glasses for close work and small print.  I thought it would be a hassle.   

A smart female coworker told me that women should see eyeglasses as "jewelry for the face" and select the most flattering frames possible.  She also said that having stylish frames made us look more stylish, regardless of what we are wearing.

So, when I need new glasses, I take the time to select the most flattering frames.   As a result, I think I look better with them on.

Honored Contributor

I've worn glasses since I was six years old.  

With or without - no difference.  I look fantastic both ways!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My like of the frame must work, but most important thing is weight of frame...must be lightweight metal only with a large lens and style/color that appeals to me!  Same applies to sunglasses, usually an aviator syle, which I wear all year due to light sensitivity. After cataract surgery in one eye, only need glasses for reading/blue lens for computer/tablet use but these still have to meet "my standard".  

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind how I look either way. I just hate having to wear them. If I ever need cataract surgery, I'm going to spend the extra money for multifocal lenses.

Honored Contributor

I've worn glasses since the sixth grade and I have never liked the way I look in them. I love my contacts and always wear them when I go out. I appreciate being able to see with my glasses, but there is nothing wrong with not liking having something sitting on your nose. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am very particular about my glasses. The frames have to complement my face shape and coloring. They are very much an accessory for me as well as a necessity.  I much prefer the "old me" in glasses. The "young me" would not have enjoyed them.