Occasional Contributor

Re: If Wen is discontinued due to the current lawsuit, what are we going to use now!

Occasional Contributor

Re: If Wen is discontinued due to the current lawsuit, what are we going to use now!

Thanks for the suggestions, I really didn't mean to cause a fuss, was really interested in others opinions.  I have tried many sulfate free and they were terrible,  I will really consider your suggestions.  Thanks again

Respected Contributor

Never used Wen Because it's So Expensive & All the Pumping & water rinsing...Just think of the $$$ you will save...your time & the Water too.

Andalou Naturals Healthy Shine Shampoo, Citrus- 11.5 ozAndalou Naturals Healthy Shine Conditioner, Sunflower Citrus- 11.5 oz

Andalou Naturals Brilliant Shine

Citrus clarifies and brightens while nourishing sunflower, rich in Vitamin E, conditions and minimizes split ends and frizz. Sulfate-Free. Color-Safe.

Also in other formula's...depending on your hair type.

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Valued Contributor

I am not saying that there will be an issue, but if there were to be one a few years later, at least I would recommend trying the Tweakd line on the other channel.  It is far less expensive and far less product is required to be used (not "x" amount of pumps of product).  I also had tried the Clairol line of CC's, and hated them. They were drying to my hair and did not seem to actually clean.  I stopped WEN for some of the reasons you noted in your original post, but that was only my experience, and not to pile on the bandwagon.

Honored Contributor

I'm a bit fuzzy on what proof you need to provide when you say Wen caused hair loss.   I would guess that all the other causes of hair loss need to be ruled out by a dermatologist?  If not, anyone can even create a couple bald spots in hope of getting a settlement. 

This ought to be good.

Valued Contributor

Why would WEN be discontinued? 

I am a very happy WEN user.  I will acknowledge that some people have had issues with it. 

I tried Philosophy's loose powder foundtion and it not only aggravated my Rosacea, but also gave me a rash upon 1st use.  I didn't stick with the product.  I returned it, realizing it wasn't for me.

My question about those pictures that were on ET, the news, etc... If the product is toxic, why didn't all of the hair fall out?

I have been using Wen for about 4 years and am losing my hair as well - i have lost half the volume of my hair and have balding spots - it's depressing to think i was spending this much money on what i thought was the best hair cleanser i could buy to help myself and then find out that is what is causing it.  I think Chaz Dean should step up and at least say he's going to look into the 200+ complaints, all from women with the same problem, all whom use Wen instead of saying people lose their hair for many reasons and that he's going to fight it.  But that's just my opinion - we are all entitled to our own.  I am hoping it is discontinued but even if it isn't i won't ever use it again.  And good luck to the ladies who have only been using it for about a year - you won't notice the thinning right away until it's obviously too late.  Merry Christmas.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to add my experience.  I've been an advid WEN user for many years.  Deal with seborheac dermatitis flare-ups on my scalp at times so always used the Tea Tree.  Following some surgery two years ago, I had normal hair loss, but all returned.  I have always had extremely thick hair.  About 6 months ago, started seeing significant hair loss...hair loss in the shower drain, hair brushes, visually sparse on top.  After reading here about the lawsuits, I have switched my shampoo.  After just a few weeks of use, my daughter (also my hair stylist) can see new hair growth and I also am noticing it filling in on my scalp.  I'm thinking it is definitely WEN related as I haven't changed medication or supplements.  Anyone want a gallon of Tea Tree?

Respected Contributor

I don't use Wen, but if I did and my hair fell out, I would just stop using it.  

There will always be something else better on the market.  

Honored Contributor

@bergren wrote:

I have been using Wen for about 4 years and am losing my hair as well - i have lost half the volume of my hair and have balding spots - it's depressing to think i was spending this much money on what i thought was the best hair cleanser i could buy to help myself and then find out that is what is causing it.  I think Chaz Dean should step up and at least say he's going to look into the 200+ complaints, all from women with the same problem, all whom use Wen instead of saying people lose their hair for many reasons and that he's going to fight it.  But that's just my opinion - we are all entitled to our own.  I am hoping it is discontinued but even if it isn't i won't ever use it again.  And good luck to the ladies who have only been using it for about a year - you won't notice the thinning right away until it's obviously too late.  Merry Christmas.

Can you tell me what kind of doctor or dermatologist you went to?   What tests were done?  If you've been using Wen for 4 years, it must have been fine for ... what? .... three years, and suddenly your hair started falling out?

Just to be clear, I don't dispute what you're claiming ... I just wonder why you were fine for (I'm guessing) three years, and then suddenly hair started falling out?   

Did a dermatologist rule out all other possible causes for your hair loss?