Respected Contributor

Re: If Perricone is such a miracle line...

[ Edited ]

@GraceLady no, not perfect, but intolerant of bullies. This thread was snowballing into mean-spiritedness.

I had hoped that if the tone has become more amenable, Perricone users would share experiences of product use.

Respected Contributor

The original post is not promoting this line, it’s in fact skeptical of the product claims and questioning the promised results. Every beauty line and every host presenting them will tell you the amazing results that can be achieved. Consumers are questioning the veracity of these claims. If one is looking for testimonials, the reviews specific to that product line might provide useful user feedback. 

Valued Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

"Promise them an unlined face, and you can sell them anything."

-Dr. Nicholas V. Perricone

This comment sounds EXACTLY like what a snake-oil salesman (like Dr. P) would say.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

"Promise them an unlined face, and you can sell them anything."

-Dr. Nicholas V. Perricone

@Caffeina, is this an authentic quote? If so, he must have thought that his mic was off.

@suzyQ3 right??? LOLOL!

Super Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@GraceLady no, not perfect, but intolerant of bullies. This thread was snowballing into mean-spiritedness.

I had hoped that if the tone has become more amenable, Perricone users would share experiences of product use.

@maestra  I am not sure I understand your comment. 

For those taking this to a mean and bulling place (as so many threads tend to go), these commenters must be confident they have no personal flaws in order to make such outragous comments, and not feel they are subject to criticism themselves. 

I too wish comments would be useful or not made at all.  It ruins it for everyone else.

There is an online group on Facebook I belong to that is almost anything goes, such as language that is not tolerated here, and much worse.  One thing that is never tolerated is the bullying that happens here.  The first time you bully on there, it's a mute of some length.  The second time is a ban.  Period.  No appeals.  I won't mention what I have seen written in some threads here, others chiming in and laughing, just out of hatred.  It goes on over and over again.  They do get deleted, but why do they continue?  It seems that the bullies have a louder voice.  It is a shame.

Valued Contributor

Normally, I would have agreed that one doesn't need separate moisturizers for eyes, vs face etc.

But, a few months ago, I tried the MUFE lip and lid primer and my eye lids were simply destroyed by this product. Painful, red, swollen, scaley. EVERYTHING I tried burned and hurt. 

Then, I came across a little pot of Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream that I had gotten as a deluxe sample. I put it on my poor eyelids and it was so soothing and the relief was amazing. It still took a couple of weeks for my lids to get back to normal...but I now use that cream every night.

Respected Contributor

@GraceLady  my comment about uncivil behavior was not directed at you. I understand what you were saying and I appreciate your comment of support.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook

@Pook wrote:

All those who say they don't work and there is no miracle to stop aging and don't waste your money seem to be just tring to justify that they probably have given up on trying to look their best or are too cheap to even try someting that might make a difference.  I don't see how anyone could pronounce any product as not working when they haven't tried it!  There are many that have done nothing for me but for others it worked great.  Nothing really works for everyone but there is something that will work for everyone out there!  I use many Perricone products as well as many others from other brands and have seen significant difference in the texture of my skin and have received so many compliments on my young looking skin for my age.  I can't imagine anyone dumb enough to think they are going to look 30 again when they are over 60 but good products can make a difference.  Imagine what you would look like if you quite trying and using products that actually do work to make a difference!  I have received so many compliments on my amazing skin and have been told by those my age or younger that I look amazing and so much better than they do.  I come from a long line of face melters and without all I do I would have really noticeable jowels , turkey neck and way more wrinkles.  Pictures of me from 15 years ago prove that all I am using now has made a difference!  Everyone has choices and if you don't mind looking older than you have to then that's ok to as we all have priorities in life but me - well I will never give up trying to find products that might help.  We are all going to age but if we can slow it down and improve the appearance of our skin why wouldn't you try to!!???

ITA.  

Honored Contributor

I don't use Perricone, but I have a feeling it's no better than any other high end skin care line. I think Dana looks great for someone who is battling cancer, she mentioned she has been using the line for 15 years. Maybe if you start using these products before you start to show signs of aging they do work as a preventative. What I know for sure is that no cream, lotion or potion will defy gravity.At some point the skin will sag and lines and wrinkles will appear.

Respected Contributor

I take very good care of my skin.  I have for decades.  I'm not loyal to one line and you will find Perricone, Skinn, Tatcha, Isomers, etc in my cabinet/drawer.  I also use oils as well.  When I was in my late teens and 20s I started getting dry skin and was starting to look older than my years.  I was on a mission to find good skin care and remember discovering Shea Basics and Hydron...   my love and appreciation for good skin care and skin care products continued.  Over the decades I have seen my skin respond well and the dry patches are no more.  I'm not expecting miracles and to look 20 years younger.  I'm expecting to maintain what I have for as long as I can,  and improve areas that need a little more attention with the realistic goal of what an over the counter product can really do.  Some things work,  and work well, and other products not at all.

I used a product many years ago that actually burned a spot on my cheek, and I do not have sensative skin (and used the product properly).   I tried everything that I had to repair the damaged skin but nothing was working.   Then I remembered buying a try me kit of Perricone products that I had put away.  One of the products in the kit was the ONLY, and I remember it like it was yesterday,  the ONLY thing that cleared up the patch.    No miracle, just a product that was healing to my skin and effective.

I don't buy drugstore products, but there is nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing wrong with spending more on things you can afford.  Just take care of your skin,  with anything that you enjoy using.