Honored Contributor

Re: If Perricone is such a miracle line...

[ Edited ]

Retin-A is about the only proven and FDA-backed topical treatment for aging skin. Everything else is not.

Esteemed Contributor

i use many different products from different brands; perricone included.  i think to each his own as there is no miracle that works for everbody.  happy shopping and a very happy new year to all!

Respected Contributor

Just use what you like for moisturizers. None of them have secret powers. We all prefer different products
😌 retin A. And alpha hydroxy acids are the proven winner. If you have more, Please tell! ETA Bha's
Esteemed Contributor

All good skin care does is make your skin look as good as it can for your age.  There is no magic potion in a jar.  The hosts look their ages, which is fine by me.  I have no unrealistic expectations of whatever products that I use.  I would hope that anyone purchasing skin care would understand that there are no miiracles in a jar or bottle.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

The one thing you can be sure of is that taking care of your skin does help with the appearance of aging.  Some products are better than others.  We all should do our research and use what we think is best for us.  No matter what, we all still age.  Genetically, some of us age better than others.  It doesn't mean a product line does not work if we still have wrinkles.  Maybe we would look much worse without.  Who knows? 

BTW, I am not defending Perricone here as I don't use it.  This is my general opinion.  As for blanket statements that products don't work-- I see here and on other sites where women swear a product doesn't work and they have only used it for two weeks.  Its not likely results will be seen with the naked eye with most products in such a short time, and when looking at your own face on a daily basis, it is very difficult to notice small changes unless you have taken pictures.  I find others usually notice the changes and pay a compliment.  

QVC has some grandmother-aged hosts.  I will tell you, they look better than my grandmas at the same ages despite Ponds cold cream and Oil of Olay.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All those who say they don't work and there is no miracle to stop aging and don't waste your money seem to be just tring to justify that they probably have given up on trying to look their best or are too cheap to even try someting that might make a difference.  I don't see how anyone could pronounce any product as not working when they haven't tried it!  There are many that have done nothing for me but for others it worked great.  Nothing really works for everyone but there is something that will work for everyone out there!  I use many Perricone products as well as many others from other brands and have seen significant difference in the texture of my skin and have received so many compliments on my young looking skin for my age.  I can't imagine anyone dumb enough to think they are going to look 30 again when they are over 60 but good products can make a difference.  Imagine what you would look like if you quite trying and using products that actually do work to make a difference!  I have received so many compliments on my amazing skin and have been told by those my age or younger that I look amazing and so much better than they do.  I come from a long line of face melters and without all I do I would have really noticeable jowels , turkey neck and way more wrinkles.  Pictures of me from 15 years ago prove that all I am using now has made a difference!  Everyone has choices and if you don't mind looking older than you have to then that's ok to as we all have priorities in life but me - well I will never give up trying to find products that might help.  We are all going to age but if we can slow it down and improve the appearance of our skin why wouldn't you try to!!???

Honored Contributor

The most important thing for your skin,SUNCREEN,each day ,every day.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

You know, the only way anyone would be able to determine whether or not a product or a line of products was effective would be to use them for a number of months (or years) and then go back in time and not use them, then compare the two yous. In other words, how would your skin have looked if you HADN'T used the products over that period of time? Oh and everything else would have to stay the same, i.e. diet, sun exposure,  etc. 

Since this is impossible, one can only guess that their skin has been better off with the use of the product(s).

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

You know, the only way anyone would be able to determine whether or not a product or a line of products was effective would be to use them for a number of months (or years) and then go back in time and not use them, then compare the two yous. In other words, how would your skin have looked if you HADN'T used the products over that period of time? Oh and everything else would have to stay the same, i.e. diet, sun exposure,  etc. 

Since this is impossible, one can only guess that their skin has been better off with the use of the product(s).

I can say positively that I would not look as good as I do now.  When I was in my late 40's I had jowels starting and now have none.  Pictures from the past are the biggest tell that what I have been using is definitely working isince I look so much better now and since I am getting all the compliments now that never happened before when I was younger.   The compliments I get are not the usual oh you look good but actually someone stopping mid sentence and saying "wow your skin looks great what are you doing to look so young" and "you are ageless and never seem to age".  I shudder to think that I would look as bad as many I know who don't really do much but wash their faces and maybe use a cheap cream on their face!  While there is no way to know exactly what I would look like if I hadn't used good products that work, I know how my mother and grandmother (I am the spitting image of both) aged and I am not aging like that.  If the jowels are now gone then it's obvious that what I am using works!    I also noticed that so many do not use their good products daily to save money and think they will only use them when going somewhere which is not how the products need to be used to show results.  I use mine daily.  Another way to tell is to quit using something and my experience is that after only a week the difference is noticeable!  So yes there is a way to tell!  

Respected Contributor

No one product is going to work for all. If there was, everyone in the world would be clammering for it and we wouldn't be looking at the Q to sell us this miracle. I would like to live to see the day where we women would be happy to just live one more day and not want to look decades younger. My mom, who passed at 72, used Ponds and Olay her entire grown life. She grew up on a farm so I'm sure she didn't use anything at all in her youth. I doubt that she ever used sunscreen. I'm 68 and can honestly say that all the money I've spent on creams, lotions and potions didn't make my skin look any better than hers. BTW, I've never used the Perricone brand, it's too expensive for my budget, I'm just putting in my two cents.