Respected Contributor

If Nick Chavez goes to places Italy and Germany...

How do the viewers understand him? Does he speak those languages or is there a translator that does that for him? Or can the viewers speak some English?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Re: If Nick Chavez goes to places Italy and Germany...

I believe they have translators for the QVC channels in other countries. Doris Dalton and other vendors also appear on QVC in Europe, so I would presume they use translators on occasion. Someone may know more about the QVC channels in Europe and perhaps can better answer your question.

Janice

Occasional Contributor

I lived in Italy and they provide a person speaking italian voiced over. So they sort of wait till there's a break in speaking and then translate. It's very noisy! Lol!
Super Contributor

I have watched a Nick Chavez presentation, I believe it was Germany. The host translated for Chavez and when taking callers she also translated the callers' conversations. At the bottom of this page are links to the international channels if you are interested!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, everyone.

I actually watched the videos of Nick when he was on QVC Japan and Germany. The host translates what Nick says for the audience. Also, I think Nick and the host may (I think) have some sort of translator thingies in their ears. For example, Nick says something in English and the host hears it in Japanese, and vice versa.

Because I saw and heard the host in QVC Japan say something to Nick in Japanese (I'm guessing she was asking him if she could try spraying the hairspray on the model's hair) and Nick replied to her in English, as if he understood what she was saying. It was kind of cute seeing all the ladies clap whenever Nick styled someone's hair. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder