Valued Contributor

If Argan oil just sits on the skin - question

I have tried Argan oil on my skin before but it leaves a shiny, slick feeling.  It just sits on the top.  Even after several minutes.  (I did not apply a large amount either.  It was just a few drops.)

Am I doing something incorrect in terms of applying it?  

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: If Argan oil just sits on the skin - question

[ Edited ]

I don't know, maybe your skin has plenty of natural oils? It absorbs on my skin. I use about 6 drops and rub my fingers together before applying to my face. On my body, I generally apply it to towel dried skin after showering and just drip a whole dropper as I move it and then rub it in. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You may need to exfoliate so any product can absorb. Dead skin can be a barrier. I also only use one drop for my face and neck. You do not need much when you use and oil.

Esteemed Contributor

I found the same results from her whipped yummy so good you could eat - it just didn't absorb and I visualized it just coming off on my sheets.  So I threw it out, never to try again.

Honored Contributor

I tried the argan oil in dropper bottle to use on my face yrs. ago. It caused clogged pores and breakouts. I should have known better. Like NC says, if a clean scalp means healthy hair, it stands to reason that clean, clear pores result in good skin. I use my Clarisonic to insure clean skin, my Retin A exfoliates dead cells, so the argan oil only "undid" the good things I was doing to have clear skin. Back it went. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie_23, a few drops may be to much for you.  I fill the dispenser dropper and drop about a quarter of it for my face and the rest goes on my neck and decolletage.  My face can be naturally oily, and I swear to you I never look slick and greay when I use the oil-- with or without makeup.

That said, nothing works for everyone and perhaps you may want to try Josie's Milk as a lighter creamy alternative for getting the benefits of the argan oil tp your skin. 

Valued Contributor

Have you seen Josie's sponge demonstration?

If you skin is extremely  dry (like a dry sponge) it wont absorb and will just sit on top. Get your skin moist and products will sink in. 

Respected Contributor

@Julie_23I prefer Skinn Collagenisis Lipid Infusion - sinks into your skin - and I love the smell of it.  I use it on my face and on my arms - never greasy.  The girls on Josie's show look like they need a shower to get all that gunk off of them - bet they slide right off the set!

Valued Contributor

You do have to press/rub it in a little more than a water based cream.  I put a few drops on my hands, rub them together, then press into my face and then rub it in.  any leftover on my hands I just rub into my hands and cuticles.  try a smaller amount and build from there. 

Respected Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

I have tried Argan oil on my skin before but it leaves a shiny, slick feeling.  It just sits on the top.  Even after several minutes.  (I did not apply a large amount either.  It was just a few drops.)

Am I doing something incorrect in terms of applying it?  

Thanks!

I have the same result with her whipped butter. It won't absorb on me either.