Regular Contributor

Ideas for replacing a plastic cover for a liquid blush?

I don't know if this is even possible, but if anyone would have ideas about it, I knew the ladies on this board would. I have a liquid blush that I love and the plastic cover got a huge chip on it and the rest is about to break completely. I recently traveled and a little of the blush spiled out. Is there any type of replacement cover I can purchase or any other ideas/suggestions of what I can do with the product? Thanks so much in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ideas for replacing a plastic cover for a liquid blush?

@Glorimar wrote:

I don't know if this is even possible, but if anyone would have ideas about it, I knew the ladies on this board would. I have a liquid blush that I love and the plastic cover got a huge chip on it and the rest is about to break completely. I recently traveled and a little of the blush spiled out. Is there any type of replacement cover I can purchase or any other ideas/suggestions of what I can do with the product? Thanks so much in advance.

@Glorimar    Is the blush in a tube, jar, etc.? Most likely the easiest solution is to transfer it to another container. I always save my little jars from samples or used up products just in case this happens. 

Regular Contributor

Unforunately, it's not in a tube. It's a little plastic container. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Glorimar wrote:

@Glorimar  Are you talking about the disc that sits on the opening before yiu screw the lid on?  I'm sure they have jar, disc, and lid kits on Amazon but you'd probably have to buy quite a few.  

If your blush is liquid, couldn't you put it in a serum bottle?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These tiny cosmetic leak-proof jars look like they would work (Amazon):

9 jars -$10 - "Amazon Choice"

download.jfif

Travel Containers Sets Silicone & PP Cream Jars for Toiletries Empty Lotion Containers Leak-proof & BPA Free Bottles Accessories with Hard Sealed Lids for Cosmetic Makeup Face Body Hand Cream (9 Jars)

51WOniXkfML._SX466_.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Check the travel toiletry bins in Walmart. They have several types of empty containers.

Trusted Contributor

Try cork. Trim it to fit snugly.

Regular Contributor

Oh, I think that could really work! Thanks so much!