Contributor

Extremly dry scaley skin with wart like bumps and brown spots on my legs! Do any of you out there have this skin condition and what has helped you deal with it?

Respected Contributor

Re: Ichthyosis skin on legs?

[ Edited ]

You might get an answer to your questions if you post in the  "wellness" forum as well.

Occasional Contributor

The very best lotion you can use for ichthyosis is Ammonium Lactate lotion 12 percent. If you use this lotion consistently it will almost cure this condition. Hope this helps you.

New Contributor

My brother had that when he was young. The doctor recommended taking baths with oil added. This was many years ago, so I don't know if it is still the best practice. That would be in addition to the lotion mentioned above.
Contributor

Thank you for the information about my skin condition! I have listed my question under Wellness also going to try the lotion and the oil!

Super Contributor

I have  this condition as well and my dermatologist suggested the  Ammonium Lactate as well.  I hadn't heard of it before but it does work.   

Honored Contributor

@lorretta - I don't have this but have read that it's a condition where the dead skin won't shed itself.  It sounds like you need some help with exfoliation.  You might try a salux cloth during your shower.  Then after the shower, I'd suggest the Alpha Skincare Revitalizing Body Lotion with 12% Glycolic Acid.  It's a really good body cream.  I use it and don't notice any tingling from the glycolic acid.  It's not expensive either.

Respected Contributor

I have a never ending issue. i had bad scaly dry skin  that took  forever to get rind off. I started to apply oils  which helped a great deal. when it was 95% healed i had an itch so bad I tore up the skin  now my skin is scarred badly Smiley Sad

I suggest  useing oil or petrolem jelly and keep it wrapped up