Valued Contributor
I used LG balance n' brightnen for years. Then switched over to It's Celebration foundation for some time. Today, I dug out the LG BnB and it hit me. Wow. LG looks so much better on my skin! Time to cancel any AD's for IT's stuff! I will still use IT's compact with highlighter, bronzer and blush but definitely not the foundation! Lesson learned. If it aint broke, leave it the help alone!!!
Super Contributor

I switch back and forth between foundations and BB creams. Sometimes one looks better and then sometimes the others do. I think it may depend on the condition of my skin and the weather.

Super Contributor
I had the same thing happen when I tried a sample of Laura's BB Cream. I use medium in It and LG's and the LG does look better, and I have been a big fan of the It CC cream. I would love to see LG 's BB Cream in a TSV.
Super Contributor

What's the difference? Is one shinier? I've not used either, but have been tempted by both. :-)

Super Contributor
On 1/1/2015 MarenSeattle said:

What's the difference? Is one shinier? I've not used either, but have been tempted by both. :-)

Hi Maren, I don't think one is shinier; for me, the color of LG's is nicer on my skin--warmer. They both blend well and look natural. I would say they remind me of a serum based foundation--very blendable and buildable. I was surprised to like LG's so much.

Respected Contributor
I had the same revelation. The Laura Geller looks much more natural and has better coverage.
Esteemed Contributor

IT in my opinion is far superior then anything Laura can come up with. I do order both. I much prefer IT cosmetics.

Super Contributor
On 1/1/2015 philogirl said:
On 1/1/2015 MarenSeattle said:

Hi Maren, I don't think one is shinier; for me, the color of LG's is nicer on my skin--warmer. They both blend well and look natural. I would say they remind me of a serum based foundation--very blendable and buildable. I was surprised to like LG's so much.

Thanks! You know, I do this all the time -- dither between which one I should try and wind up not getting either. I just need to try ONE then if I don't like it, try the other! You've helped me decide to begin with LG. Thanks!! :-)

Super Contributor
Maren, Yay. I see I'm not the only one who preferred it too. Her site has 20% off face products right now, so compare prices. One more tough decision is I see she has BB cream and CC cream. Good luck with that. Report back after you try it, please.
Honored Contributor

I can't stand full coverage make up so I don't use any of the CC creams.

I love both brands very much and buy both for different reasons. Love Balance & Brighten in Light and use it over a very light dusting of IT Celebration Foundation, also in Light. I found that if I use the IT CF to help in the areas that are slightly redder, just to mute the red I don't get that "caked" look that I hate, then I take LG's B & B and go over everything. I use Laura's pinker blushes for cheeks and top of nose. Then I use the flat IT Kabuki brush and blend it (swirling) all over. I will also use IT's shimmer and lightly go over my eyelids, top of my nose and top corners of my cheekbones. It works for me and I've had more compliments on looking "refreshed" than with any other make up or combination.

So sticking with one brand may not be the answer if you're unhappy with results.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*