Honored Contributor

Re: IT's Celebration powder vs. BareMinerals loose powder?

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I think they are both very drying and don't look right. I love IT skincare, but I don't like any of their foundations.  The colors are never right, and it always looks dry and masky, no matter how little you apply or how you apply it.  BE accentuates pores, IT DOES accentuate fine lines.  I wish they would come up with a nice liquid with more shade options available from Q.

@RainyDayGal  When you have used Bare Minerals powder foundation, did you try mineral veil lightly brushed over areas where pores are visible? That was advised by YouTube beauty bloggers.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Moments ago watched TSV presentation, when the camera showed the older model Mary before and after, the after photo highlighted her wrinkles. 

Do think age plays a role, now that I'm sixty notice no matter what powder settles in my pores as well wrinkles, even using primer. Decided to forgo all powders.

In my experience, less makeup works best. When I was younger even 40's never was a problem, aging face changed everything, including dry sensitive skin. 

Best news! Money saved trying the next best product. Woman Very Happy

Good morning @Sweet_Serenity. If your skin is more dry, you may not need a powder...in a foundation or a setting powder. Less IS more. Even when I use BE instead of a tinted moisturizer, I use a light hand and only the one sprinkling in the lid...don’t keep repeating it. Each woman has to find what works and looks best for their skin and comfort level of coverage. 

That’s difficult when bombarded with various products every where you look....even suggestions or reading what others recommend here.

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

Bareminerals original hands down. I just ordered a BE orginal from Sephora. It is the one foundation that I keep ordering over and over again and reaching for on a daily basis. IT powder foundation makes my skin look dry and powdery. Also BE has alsmot 40 color choices, IT only has a handful. 

@segrl21  FYI, if you have a BE Boutique in a mall near you or register and order from their website, you accumulate points that result in $ coupons. I recently received one for $20 to use online or in a boutique. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I was sharing my experience, already know what works for me. Fact is, in this case especially looking up close and personal showed me the truth. 

Like the saying goes, picture is worth a thousand words. For me it's a new day..

Sixty isn't the new 40 or 50 no matter what SA hype, proud to be me, and enjoy excellent health, and really it is after all makeup, last week ordered new items looking forward receiving, so many wonderful products. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Shanus 

I was sharing my experience, already know what works for me. Fact is, in this case especially looking up close and personal showed me the truth. 

Like the saying goes, picture is worth a thousand words. For me it's a new day..

Sixty isn't the new 40 or 50 no matter what SA hype, proud to be me, and enjoy excellent health, and really it is after all makeup, last week ordered new items looking forward receiving, so many wonderful products. 

@Sweet_Serenity  Happy you’ve found your products. Didn’t mean to interfere.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Wouldn't call it interfering, misreading my comment is more accurate.

Respected Contributor

This morning at 5:30 am getting ready for work I had to take off my Doll 10 foundation due to it just looking aweful and went to BE instead.  what a life saver that I could count on it.  I used to wear it always and got away from it when Leslie sold the company.  Glad to find it again and bought the last TSV and love it.

Contributor

Have used both.  The iT celebration makes my face break out in bumps after a few days usage;  I've tried it several times and it always happens.

Just started using the Bare Minerals loose powder again (TSV purchase) and I had forgotten how nice it is!  Covers flawlessly and gives a nice finish to face.

Valued Contributor

Bareminerals has good colour for me in the loose powder foundation. I heard IT can have weird colour and sure enough, my medium compact makes me look so washed out and pale. And that was the medium! Maybe I should have gotten medium tan but I feared it would be too dark. I just prefer BE.

Frequent Contributor

No powder at all. Bareminerals Complexion Rescue or IT CC Cream.