Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT's Celebration powder vs. BareMinerals loose powder?

@brandiwine wrote:

Bare Minerals is far superior to IT.  IT is soooooo drying.  Makes you look dull and like you are in a casket.  Bare Minerals just lights up my skin and I look pretty good at 65.  Bare Minerals has tons of shades to choose from from pink, to neutral, and yellow bases.  IT offers yellow, yellow, or yellow.  

That's the startling difference I noticed when I did one side of my face with each, I never realized how jaundiced I looked with the IT. But I must emphasize again that picking the right shade can mean the world of difference. My second go round with the bare minerals I accidentally picked up medium beige instead of medium #10 and it made me yellowish. Took it back to Ulta, no problem exchanging.

Oh another thing about the Bare Minerals, it doesn't gather in my lines and sit there as the day goes on.

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

IT settles into lines.  So does the CC cream they swear won’t.  

@barrel racer Yes, I fell for the pitch about the CC cream. I just ignored their spf and used my own as usual. What a heavy, thick, paste of a foundation. Yuck! Anything IT does that is full coverage is not good for me. If they can show it covering a tattoo...that’s way too much foundation for me!!

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Bare Minerals is far superior to IT.  IT is soooooo drying.  Makes you look dull and like you are in a casket.  Bare Minerals just lights up my skin and I look pretty good at 65.  Bare Minerals has tons of shades to choose from from pink, to neutral, and yellow bases.  IT offers yellow, yellow, or yellow.  

That's the startling difference I noticed when I did one side of my face with each, I never realized how jaundiced I looked with the IT. But I must emphasize again that picking the right shade can mean the world of difference. My second go round with the bare minerals I accidentally picked up medium beige instead of medium #10 and it made me yellowish. Took it back to Ulta, no problem exchanging.

Oh another thing about the Bare Minerals, it doesn't gather in my lines and sit there as the day goes on.

@shaggygirl  I know it’s often said, but buffing and buffing and then buffing again with tiny amounts of BM at a time makes all the difference. I’ve watched some YouTube videos & each one stresses that the buffing turns the powder minerals into a cream on your skin. That’s the secret...IT Powder’s never meant to turn creamy....just creep into lines.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@shaggygirl  I know it’s often said, but buffing and buffing and then buffing again with tiny amounts of BM at a time makes all the difference. I’ve watched some YouTube videos & each one stresses that the buffing turns the powder minerals into a cream on your skin. That’s the secret...IT Powder’s never meant to turn creamy....just creep into lines.

@ShanusYes I know about the buffing and I had bought from their website the brush that's shown specifically for the powder foundation. The center of it is recessed. It was if I remember correctly about $25 or so, maybe a few $ more or less. It wound up in the garbage pail. Didn't care for it. I prefer the one they call a blurring buffer.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@ShanusYes I know about the buffing and I had bought from their website the brush that's shown specifically for the powder foundation. The center of it is recessed. It was if I remember correctly about $25 or so, maybe a few $ more or less. It wound up in the garbage pail. Didn't care for it. I prefer the one they call a blurring buffer.

@shaggygirl  I agree that brush “stinks”. It was originally designed for the first liquid foundation. You were supposed to fill the “well” and then spread the foundation. It does not buff well w/ the powder. I find that it’s stiff and and the coverage is heavy. I’m still using my handy kabuki brush or the original fluffy full face brush.

If you check their site, they offer very few brushes. If we weren’t smart enough to save/collect all the brushes that came w/ products and kits in Leslie’s days, we’re up the creek now. I’m happy to have a lg. ziplock bag full of BE original brushes. 

Super Contributor

Ok the answer to this question is after a certain age DONT use powder or mineral makeup. It ages everyone. When you get older find the best liguid makeup for your skin. I am 58 and happen to love the IT Cosmetics CC cream. Just spread it well and it gives the most flawless coverage on the planet. Just the other day I got a commment saying they thought i was in m late 30's . I usually get 40's so this was not usual. no kidding. I take care of my skin with retin a /retinol etc and no sun ever.. and good SPF CC cream and it all works great for flawless skin. 

Esteemed Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

Ok the answer to this question is after a certain age DONT use powder or mineral makeup. It ages everyone. When you get older find the best liguid makeup for your skin. I am 58 and happen to love the IT Cosmetics CC cream. Just spread it well and it gives the most flawless coverage on the planet. Just the other day I got a commment saying they thought i was in m late 30's . I usually get 40's so this was not usual. no kidding. I take care of my skin with retin a /retinol etc and no sun ever.. and good SPF CC cream and it all works great for flawless skin. 

@beauty0125

Betting you were blessed with good genes.

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  I agree with you 100%.  As a woman ages, less makeup is best.  I'm not talking about eliminating makeup or a certain type of makeup, but using a much lighter hand with application.  I use nearly all the products I used 10 years ago, but I don't use as much of each one I once did and I focus on careful blending and blending.

I did switch to creme blush and went a half-shade brighter to keep from looking washed out.  I  also think using less makeup is a gradual process, no need to make an overnight change.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl 

Waiting on IT cc oil-free arrive, ended up at the wrong post office.

Today ordered IT's Holiday A343853 not owning a bronzer this looks nice. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bareminerals original hands down. I just ordered a BE orginal from Sephora. It is the one foundation that I keep ordering over and over again and reaching for on a daily basis. IT powder foundation makes my skin look dry and powdery. Also BE has alsmot 40 color choices, IT only has a handful.