Trusted Contributor

IT's Celebration powder vs. BareMinerals loose powder?

How does IT's Celebration foundation powder compare to Bare Minerals original loose powder?  Thanks!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT's Celebration powder vs. BareMinerals loose powder?

To me, for some reason the It celebration, makes my pores seem even bigger than they are. The Bare Minerals, which I use, hides the pores.

It has to be something in the formulation, I have no idea what.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @happycat!  My concern is the IT being drying, which it looks like it is.  You just saved me on an unecessary purchase!  :-)

Respected Contributor

I think they are both very drying and don't look right. I love IT skincare, but I don't like any of their foundations.  The colors are never right, and it always looks dry and masky, no matter how little you apply or how you apply it.  BE accentuates pores, IT DOES accentuate fine lines.  I wish they would come up with a nice liquid with more shade options available from Q.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

To me, for some reason the It celebration, makes my pores seem even bigger than they are. The Bare Minerals, which I use, hides the pores.

@happycat  It’s more about what Bare Minerals does NOT have in it. 

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@happycat  .... I've had the opposite experience.  The Bare Minerals shows all my pores, but the IT looks great.  I'd be tempted to order, but I have enough foundation AND i'm moving to a dryer climate, and don't know if the powder foundation will workk for me once I move.

Esteemed Contributor

IT settles into lines.  So does the CC cream they swear won’t.  

Honored Contributor

Moments ago watched TSV presentation, when the camera showed the older model Mary before and after, the after photo highlighted her wrinkles. 

Do think age plays a role, now that I'm sixty notice no matter what powder settles in my pores as well wrinkles, even using primer. Decided to forgo all powders.

In my experience, less makeup works best. When I was younger even 40's never was a problem, aging face changed everything, including dry sensitive skin. 

Best news! Money saved trying the next best product. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

How does IT's Celebration foundation powder compare to Bare Minerals original loose powder?  Thanks!  :-)

It was about 6 months ago that after using the IT powder foundation for a couple of years (the original one in the black compact) and being happy enough with it that someone suggested I try the Bare Minerals original. First time with the Bare Minerals I did one side of my face with each. I'm never going back to the IT. As with any foundation you just need to get the right shade. Poor Helen, they put it on her so thickly then rave about how great she looks. Uhm no, they are so heavy handed with it they age her by 10 years.

Interesting isn't it how the same product gets such opposite comments on the emphasizing or de-emphasizing (is that a word?) the pores.

Respected Contributor

Bare Minerals is far superior to IT.  IT is soooooo drying.  Makes you look dull and like you are in a casket.  Bare Minerals just lights up my skin and I look pretty good at 65.  Bare Minerals has tons of shades to choose from from pink, to neutral, and yellow bases.  IT offers yellow, yellow, or yellow.