Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: IT "Confidence in Compact"

Gotta love Angle but she does have oily skin and her oily areas are where foundations break down on her so much faster. She is really dedicated to her ride or die Dior foundation. I just refuse to pay designer or luxury brand prices. There is nothing in most of their ingredient lists that should make them cost that much.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Is it just me or has the price for the beauty TSV's gotten alot more pricy. $80 for this seems like alot to me. Not going to buy it as I'm not a fan of this brand. 

Considering they're full size products and no 'fillers' - things I wouldn't use- $80 is worth it.  The breakdown of each price is point on- I also got generous samples from Ulta and this 'gloppy foundation' is really light on my face. I generally use a powder foundation because I can't stand the feel of 'glop' on my face ! This was really lightweight and you hardly feel it on; the face and eye creams are rich and nourishing. I'm more of a fan of  the eye cream rather then face cream- just because of my own skin needs. I think I'll try the cleanser today; I haven't tried that yet.

Trusted Contributor

I love this foundation as a mid day touch up and use it every day, but I bought one last month. I would buy the TSV if they had given sneak peeks, but I had also bought another cleanser and moisturizer last month, too. I miss the knowing a month ahead from the Insider/Inside Q.

Honored Contributor

@ellietoo wrote:

Gotta love Angle but she does have oily skin and her oily areas are where foundations break down on her so much faster. She is really dedicated to her ride or die Dior foundation. I just refuse to pay designer or luxury brand prices. There is nothing in most of their ingredient lists that should make them cost that much.

@ellietoo- I believe it's a Chanel foundation that's her HG, but there are others that she has given very favorable reviews for, one being a drugstore brand L'Oreal True Match.

Esteemed Contributor

I binge watched a bunch of Angie Hot & Flashy youtube videos on her foundation Friday section and find Angie to be a straight up person when it comes to testing foundations. I also have an oily T zone post menopause still and don't want to try a lot of expensive or fragranced foundations and I'm happy to let her do the work and report her findings. She gave that IT confidence in a compact a good try but it didn't work well for her. It likely wouldn't work for me either.

But let's talk about the rest of the products in the TSV too. All the jar packaging for the skin care items. It won't keep the ingredients stable or sanitary. And I watched the qvc videoclip of the 3 vendor reps going over the kit - so what's up with the heavy duty video filters? Disingenuous but typical when skin care is involved and the company is pushing skin care products.

Lastly, the creeping price increases are noticeable since L'oreal bought IT Cosmetics. And it's not just at QVC either. So who do you think is paying for multiple vendor reps and models to demo the products? They have more people on set than anyone else.