Contributor
I’ve wants to try these products for awhile but I notice many reviews especially on foundations state ‘turned my skin orangey’. I’d like the to try to the neck cream and some reviews say no orange stains on clothing and others say rubbed off on clothing but washed out. Does anyone know why so much orange? And does anyone use the neck cream?
Contributor

Respected Contributor

@newme1 ~

I never thought I would be able to say this, but I am having great results with the Powder Foundation, Powder Blush, etc.  I can't use the liquids as it contains the Snail "stuff" (allergic).  I'm also really liking the No Tug Eyeliner and the Blow Out Mascara.

The Q had some great before Christmas deals, so I gave the powder Illumination Foundation a try, and went a shade lighter than what I would normally use.  Score!

I have used Laura Geller for many years, but her products seem to be difficult to find anymore, so I needed to try and find something else before I ran completely out of my LG.  

I have also been using the IT Gel Moisturizer in the pump bottle.  Working well for my dry skin.  I'm not crazy about the moisturizer in the cream jar.  That leaves me sticky.

Sorry I don't know about the neck cream you asked about.  Hope that some of my other info will help you out a little bit.Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

@newme1   I have used IT protects for many years and I will preface this post by saying I am a fan of their makeup and brushes.  Having said that, the neck cream is hands down one of my favorites from the last year.  It is a treat to use and I haven't had any of the staining issues - I apply mine right out of the shower once I have dried off.  My neck feels smooth and firm and I love the smell.  

Honored Contributor

@newme1  Certain brands can oxidize on your skin (orange).  I have had this happen a couple of times.  There is no magic that can tell you which product will do this. As far as IT Cosmetics, I tried the CC cream out at ULTA.  It was so thick.  I do not care for IT.  I guess it is good for women that have issues with their facial skin.

kindness is strength
Contributor
Thank you ladies for the great input. I also used Laura Geller back when. Not sure why I stopped. I think I’m going to try the neck cream. Just wish it wasn’t so expensive.
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@newme1  Certain brands can oxidize on your skin (orange).  I have had this happen a couple of times.  There is no magic that can tell you which product will do this. As far as IT Cosmetics, I tried the CC cream out at ULTA.  It was so thick.  I do not care for IT.  I guess it is good for women that have issues with their facial skin.

That stuff is orange in the jar. It goes on orange and stays orange, and as soon as it was launched here the complaints about color rub-off started coming in. I got the TSV that included it but didn't like the neck cream and sent the whole thing back. I use Denese for the neck, and sometimes do use IT's yellow moisturizer because I like that. But the neck cream I didn't find helpful.

Honored Contributor

@newme1 wrote:
I’ve wants to try these products for awhile but I notice many reviews especially on foundations state ‘turned my skin orangey’. I’d like the to try to the neck cream and some reviews say no orange stains on clothing and others say rubbed off on clothing but washed out. Does anyone know why so much orange? And does anyone use the neck cream?

@newme1   I've used the Ageless Genius neck cream since it was introduced...,a long time. It does not lift or firm, no cream will, but I've noticed an improvement in the texture of the skin on my neck. It has to dry down like any cream, lotion, spf before getting dressed. I've had no issues w/ transfer. If in a rush, use the cool setting on your hair dryer. 

I've had no luck w/ any of their foundations. My skin is not oily, but I find the foundations oxidize on me which is what causes the orange/yellow tinge women complain about. Sometimes when a foundation tries to include too many factors like moisture, spf, serum, primer, etc., they just don't sit well on some complexions. 

Honored Contributor

@newme1 wrote:
Thank you ladies for the great input. I also used Laura Geller back when. Not sure why I stopped. I think I’m going to try the neck cream. Just wish it wasn’t so expensive.

@newme1   The Q has been offering it in duos. If it helps, 6 easy pays today, Sunday.

Super Contributor

@newme1 wrote:

I am a recent Fan of IT cosmetics, through Ebay.

As I posted elsewhere, I’m an “old hippy” who would not wear makeup, except sheer lip gloss.

Then my DD raved about the CC cream.

So I tried it and it is SO PIGMENTED, that only a pinhead drop is needed to tap onto my “spots” .

It blended beautifully and I couldn’t FEEL IT, which was always my issue w makeup.

Since then, I’ve bought the CC ILLUMINATION version, the Primer and the Bye Bye Redness .....all of which I will receive this week.

I have the gel/cream moisturizer, which is very light and absorbs right away.

A full sized new tube of CC on Ebay runs for $10 and up.

My DD also uses the original IT product, Bye Bye Undereye, as she has very dark circles. She has tried to find a line that WORKS...and this is...IT! 

I might try the mascara, but I am not very practiced at using cosmetics, lol