New Contributor

Re: IT presentation before and after???

How many years has Jamie been using that same picture??

Respected Contributor

@HatNYC wrote:

How many years has Jamie been using that same picture??

The before pic?  I believe all of the before pics are taken that day since they're always wearing the same clothing and jewelry.

New Contributor

I think that exact same BEFORE photo has been on for years. I have never seen any other one of Jamie. always, that exact photo. I thought they are supposed to be taken that same day?

Respected Contributor

I think Jamie's is the same one all the time --- but she clearly still has roseacea since you can see it when she takes off her makeup.  It's not like she looks any different now.

Respected Contributor

Speaking of the beauty models --- where's Joy been?

Contributor

I thought everyone including the vendor's eyebrows looked painted, and overdone. It was a very unatural look all around IMHO.   I used to not see it when I watched online, or on my old TV, but when I watch on the big screen in full HD, I see fake looking eyebrows.  I think they just overdo them, because I've used IT's Universal brow pencil on occasion, and had a natural looking result.  I have pretty full brows naturally though, and I just use a little to fill in any bare spots, or spots with light/white hairs.  

I also think they rub hard with a hot wash cloth to make their face red.  Mine turns very red for a few minutes when I do that, but soon fades away.  I try not to do that though. 

I don't know about this line(IT).  I have bought many of their products, and find them to be hit or miss.  I like the eyeshadows, blushes, and brushes the best. Actually, they are my go to eyeshadows.  Bye Bye Pores is okay, too. I load a retractable brush with it dailiy,and carry it in my purse for touch ups. Smiley Happy   I also like the soft stain lip glosses quite a bit, and I do have a tube of the regular CC Cream.  It's a little too heavy of a texture for me.  So, I apply it with a very wet beauty blender sponge, and that shears it out quite a bit.  I like it much better that way.  I thought the illumination looked too shiny on Jamie tonight. And, I HATE tightline. The brush looked good, and I like the idea of the lip treatment.  But I didn't order.  

Anyway, I came here to talk about eyebrows, and got to rambling. haha Smiley Very Happy  It's been awhile since I've spent much time here on the boards.  Hope you all are doing well, and enjoying the weekend.  

Contributor

I also thing that the "before" pics are old, and need to be updated.  

Occasional Contributor

I think the removal of one patch off the face is also a trick. If you want to see what I mean just take a makeup wipe to your face when you've had your face on all day, then immediately reapply to that patch. The slick film left by the wipe makes the makeup go on so smoothly and look perfect. But then take a look in 30 minutes when everything has dried and the the makeup will look like ****** and flaky. 

A much better demonstration would be to have the girls come in bare faced and mousturized, then have them apply the whole thing on screen. That said, I like the CC cream but don't think it's as magic as the presentation would have you believe. Also, according to Paula's Choice beautipedia, it contains irritating ingredients which may explain why Jamie still has that horrible redness. 

Respected Contributor

I switched to IT from Laura Geller and I really like the way my face looks.  However, I still use the Laura Geller blush.  I also use her concealer but her BB was making my face look like "clay" if that makes any sense.

I did not purchase the TSV today because I don't need anything.

Honored Contributor

I did purchase the TSV, but would have prefered it if it was the original CC.  I'll try this one, and if it doesn't work for me, I guess theyll get it back. But I would like some brightening...just not too much.