Respected Contributor

Re: IT presentation before and after???

@TY wrote:

Especially since IT Cosmetics has been on QVC for 5 years and they have been on The Shopping Channel in Canada for 7 years, so why is the before look not better?

Jaime's rosacea looks so terrible that I always think she must not be treating it medically. Of course I can't know that but that's what I always think when she's bare faced.

The illuminating CC cream also emphasizes the eye bags in the after on some of the women.

i have the regular Cc cream in medium and light and i don't think that the medium covers my dark circles very well either. The light does a better job of that but I still need a fair shade concealer -- I have other brands -- but no concealer brand so far covers my dark circles perfectly.

Honestly -- why would she treat it medically when her before and after is the poster for her foundation products?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching IT now, and the models eyebrows look look like they're painted on. Not a good look....

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I'm watching IT now, and the models eyebrows look look like they're painted on. Not a good look....

Which models?  From what I've seen, they look great and natural.  The one model who I've noticed always looks like her eyebrows are painted on is the dark-haired Maria.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Which models?  From what I've seen, they look great and natural.  The one model who I've noticed always looks like her eyebrows are painted on is the dark-haired Maria.

Especially the blond model, but all of them look painted, @Mellie32. Even the vendor!!

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Especially the blond model, but all of them look painted, @Mellie32. Even the vendor!!

I'm not seeing it.

Frequent Contributor

Exactly @conlt

Respected Contributor

@TamiT28 wrote:

When the models (and Jamie) remove their makeup for the demos, they rub hard so that their skin gets red. Then they reapply the makeup and rave about how the products cover redness!! We are not stupid......

You think they fudged their before photo showing redness in their skin?  That's silly.  TONS of people have a lot of redness in their skin.  Yes, taking off your makeup causes some redness too, but they clearly have redness in their skin naturally from their before photos.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IT Cosmetics is a "problem solution" makeup line, not a glamour brand. The point is to show that the foundation and concealer actually cover on problem skin and don't make older skin look more wrinkled. Makes perfect sense to me to show this live on the air.

I wouldn't be impressed by a 12 year old pretending to cover nonexistant flaws. But at the same time, I do think IT may use a few tricks during their presentations. The models have discolorations consistent with problems, but everyone has oddly super smooth skin texture. When I have a zit, the color isn't the only issue. It's hard to completely hide a difference in texture. Age spots or old, mostly healed zit marks would be easier to hide and blend.

Finally, professional models do not have perfect skin or hair. (Watch one of those model reality shows sometime, if you can stand it.) That's what makeup and hairpieces and photoshop are for.

Edited to add: I think everyone's brows look great.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I noticed the models were all very madeup looking today, especially the blond model and the beautiful older model with the silver gray hair. Dark haired Maria seriously has no eye brows so her brows are drawn on. Young women do have troubled skin due to hormones, nerves, etc. and I believe IT cosmetics is indeed a problem/solution line. I don't think the Q or Jamie is trying to pull anything over on anyone.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@porcelain wrote:

IT Cosmetics is a "problem solution" makeup line, not a glamour brand. The point is to show that the foundation and concealer actually cover on problem skin and don't make older skin look more wrinkled. Makes perfect sense to me to show this live on the air.

I wouldn't be impressed by a 12 year old pretending to cover nonexistant flaws. But at the same time, I do think IT may use a few tricks during their presentations. The models have discolorations consistent with problems, but everyone has oddly super smooth skin texture. When I have a zit, the color isn't the only issue. It's hard to completely hide a difference in texture. Age spots or old, mostly healed zit marks would be easier to hide and blend.

Finally, professional models do not have perfect skin or hair. (Watch one of those model reality shows sometime, if you can stand it.) That's what makeup and hairpieces and photoshop are for.

Edited to add: I think everyone's brows look great.

well I think IT''s foundation drops the ball then because the older model with the wrinkles does still  looked wrinkled- it doesn't look any different in terms of her wrinkles in the after versus the before so that isn't really providing a "solution" to anything, is it? 

And I know from personal experience that the IT celebration foundation can't even cover the slightest amount of redness (I had very light redness by my nose back when I tried it) unless you cake it on and then when you do that it settles into every fine line and looks cakey and powdery and makes you look worse than before.

I think her products are very heavy duty and a use has to decide if they want/need that much coverage at the possible expense of looking unnatural and very made up.