Frequent Contributor

IT presentation before and after???

I have noticed on lots of IT presentations ...when they show the models before they apply the makeup...their skin looks horrible. I'm wondering why QVC promotes SO many excellent "skin care products"... that these models skin looks so bad.Yes...their skin looks great after applying make up...but these young girls should have much prettier skin than they are showing. It's weird to me. I'm 60 years old...use Paula's Choice and skin looks better than some of the models. No I'm not trying to say I'm an exception. I just wonder why these young women have such red, blotchy faces when there are so many excellent products for redness.

Respected Contributor

Re: IT presentation before and after???

Here's my problem with the before and after on the It models..... They need to update the before photo! I know after I had my son, my skin was crazy, but it settled down as my hormones did. Especially the young girls who have " bad skin." How old are those photos? I just feel like sometimes that QVC is not being totally honest. JMO of course. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

The models for this brand pull and tug on their skin way too much when applying the foundation and concealer. They need to treat their skin better. Well I dont watch It cosmetics anymore until they bring more colors for warm tone skins more yellow similar to Bobbi Brown or Nars.

Honored Contributor

I confess that I am amazed that a modeling agency is hiring people with blemished, bad skin. I was under the impression that a smooth, almost flawless complexion was necessary. One model presented with Jamie has pitted skin where some dermabrasion would do wonders. Even with the opaque makeup I can still see the pitting.

I am not inspired to purchase makeup from a model with bad skin. Who would know if the makeup itself is causing the breakouts?

Honored Contributor

Whew!  I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Just the definition of the word "model" implies a standard, a representative for professional appearance.   

In fact, many of the older models do have better skin.

I'm glad that young women have access to excellent products to cover their flaws but it doesn't make me want to buy the products.  Why does QVC spend so much time & energy with these products?

I don't have flawless skin but I don't like that mask look.   I prefer sheer coverage.

And I also don't go to hairdressers with bad hair.

Trusted Contributor

I also love Paula's Choice products.  Have been using them since 1995.  They have done amazing things for my 69 yr old skin!

Honored Contributor

Not everyone has "good" skin not matter what is done to improve it. I think Q tries to choose models that represent  most of the population. If we all had good or perfect skin then why sell cosmetics at all?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The point is to show   how well this makeup covers scares and sunspots etc. It is to sell the product !  I get it!

Respected Contributor

I actually think they look pretty typical, but very rarely think they look bad in the before photo.  The whole point is to show us the coverage, and they do a good job at that.

Respected Contributor

Funny that you should say this. I look at the long time hosts like Jane and Mary Beth and think, if those products worked so great and these hosts have been promoting them for years, should't their skin look better?