Honored Contributor

IT or DORIS DALTON Eyebrow Gel....

I love both these products but lean towards IT in the Universal Taupe because the color is better suited for me. But both of these items tend to dry out which makes it very difficult to use the entire little pot because it starts getting clumpy. I think I have found a way to keep them going for a longer period of time.

Run your sink water until it is as hot as possible. Take the little pot and let an extremely small drop of extremely hot water drop into the pot. Put the little lid on (or double lid if it's DD's product). The hot drop of water creates a little tiny humid environment inside the pot and the next time you go to use it, the gel is a little more pliable. I've even pushed the water drop into the product and gently mixed it in and then added another one. I've actually been able to use the entire pot doing this when needed!

I am eyebrow challenged and NEED these little pots to be creamy and available when i want to use them, which is every day! The product stays put, does not wipe off, sweat off or smear off. It's my saving grace.... Without it, I look like I was in a stove flash fire.... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: IT or DORIS DALTON Eyebrow Gel....

Q4U, I'm new to brow stuff. I'm using the IT Brow Power pencil that is universal taupe. Can you tell me the advantage to a gel in a pot. It sounds tricky.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I used to use the IT

Honored Contributor

Whoops, sorry....

I used to use the IT Pencil and it's a great product IMHO. I stopped using it because it didn't last and I have some scar tissue on my eyebrows that it just wouldn't cover (which I think is typical). When I tried the little pot, I was hooked, it went on beautifully.

I prefer the IT because I love the little fence brush, which allows me to stroke one "hair" at a time on and yes, there is a learning curve in order to make it look natural. But the more you do it, the better you get at it. For me, it was worth the trouble...

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Q4U.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I have used both and the Mally brow gel and the IT is the winner for me. I agree on the learning curve, but the taupe does not have red in it and is not too dark. I too have a scar runnung through one brow and the It works best on that area.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

Unless you absolutely hate a brow powder, Anastasia's is wonderful. I have both high and low end brow powder, and it is definitely the best. Best colors too. It gives an extremely natural look. Then I top my brows off with Maybelline CLEAR great lash. It gives a healthy gloss to my brows and keeps them in place. I've tried colored brow mascaras, but never could get it quite right. Good luck finding something you love!

Honored Contributor

Not to change the subject but Dorid dalton hasn't been on in a really long time. I wonder why.
Respected Contributor

for me, I can't do a powder since I have no brow hairs for powder to adhere to. I have thick hairs in the center/beginning but going up to where an arch should be or a tail, nothing but a hair here and there. Powders and gels are not good for me and look very unnatural on me.

For me a pencil works the best. Right now I am using a Mally pencil, 2 for $18, I got from her web site. They are both double ended, point on each end of both pencils and come in an exact color match for my almost black brows. The only thing I don't like is you can only get these on her site and her shipping is really high, $12.50 to ship these and I won't pay that. If you spend $50 it is free but I don't spend near that.

I have used IT in both the universal as well as another one, the LG 2 in 1 powder gel, ybf, benefit pencil, Mally's newer one that has the powder in the other end, nice but expensive and a lot of others. If you like the 2 in 1 powder gel pencil Milani has a duplicate that is I would say identical for well under $10, closer to under $7.

I just wish QVC would bring in the Mally pencil duo($18) that I love or even Ulta but no, only on her web site unfortunately.