Honored Contributor

I buy only an IT brow product, but I've never paid any attention to anyone's testing, so I have a question.

How do companies who do not test on anumals test their products?

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

If they sold out to whoever...............why should we pay $50 here for the same products we can buy in the drugstore or  wherever?

L'Oreal also owns Urban Decay, Giorgio Armani, YSL, etc.  Just because they're all owned by one parent company, that doesn't mean their products are the same.

Loreal-> Test on animals. Period! End of story. Don't see them changing status quo. Already looking into cruelty free makeup.

It may not be the end of the story for some people who prefer to buy cruelty-free products. For some, the fact that UD is cruelty-free is enough:

ANIMAL TESTING POLICY

Urban Decay is a cruelty-free brand and is committed to ending animal testing. We do not test our products on animals, nor do we allow others to test on our behalf. Additionally, we require our suppliers to certify that the raw materials used in the manufacture of our products are not tested on animals. Our Brand is certified by both PETA and The Leaping Bunny Program (CCIC) as cruelty-free.

And there are also many who do not make their choices dependent at all on this issue but respect others' choices.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Who the heck said anything about it becoming a drugstore brand?  For the consumer, nothing has changed and nothing will change.  It's no different than when Mally was bought out.  Nothing changed.  

Her mascara & shadow sticks changed. Some say her Face Defender did, too. Prices didn't go down, but I feel what I tried wasn't as good quality. Some of Mally's are made in China now that were made in the US.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I buy only an IT brow product, but I've never paid any attention to anyone's testing, so I have a question.

How do companies who do not test on anumals test their products?

I believe they test on people who volunteer.

Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Who the heck said anything about it becoming a drugstore brand?  For the consumer, nothing has changed and nothing will change.  It's no different than when Mally was bought out.  Nothing changed.  

Her mascara & shadow sticks changed. Some say her Face Defender did, too. Prices didn't go down, but I feel what I tried wasn't as good quality. Some of Mally's are made in China now that were made in the US.

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I agree that Mally's shadow sticks changed.  I haven't purchased her mascara in years.  For those interested in IT Cosmetics, they are also sold at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Her shadow sticks used to be made in Italy and are now made in China. I don't know about the other items. I know for sure the shadow sticks have changed. The new ones are awful- they crease and fade where the other ones didn't. Mally even said they were "new and improved".  They are the complete opposite of "improved"!

Her mascara in the white tube  HAS changed- we compared the ingredients and they are different and many of those who loved that mascara noticed a difference before they even knew the ingredients changed.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the reminder I better go stock up on my c.c. Cream