Respected Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics - made in China?

@ccassaday wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

The new little holiday beauty book is made in China.  

Are you sure about that. Maybe it's just the packaging that is made in china not the products. I don't have it so I can't look at it.

@ccassadayThere is nothing on the packaging itself but there is a little insert included with makeup tips and ingrediants and at the bottom of the ingrediant page it says made in China.  I don't see anywhere else listed.  

It is a really cute little palette and I do plan to use it.  Let's hope the more well known make up companies are good about checking their ingrediants/products.  

The only time I had used IT before was when I bought a kit for my mother maybe last year or the year before and they didn't do anything for me, but the recent TS with the CC cream looked nice on me.  I really like the mascara (super hero) that came with it and the lip treatment.  I only got the palette today and have not tried it but the colors are very pretty. 

Honored Contributor

@June222,  Why would you have something made in USA but packaged in China.  That does not sound right.  That is just an example but why would you only have something packaged in China.  If it is packaged in China, I am willing to bet it is made in China.  How could you possibly transport unpackaged cosmetic products???

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1

June222 has not posted in two years. Not sure if she's going to see your post. Just FYI.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18 wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

The new little holiday beauty book is made in China.  

Are you sure about that. Maybe it's just the packaging that is made in china not the products. I don't have it so I can't look at it.

@ccassadayThere is nothing on the packaging itself but there is a little insert included with makeup tips and ingrediants and at the bottom of the ingrediant page it says made in China.  I don't see anywhere else listed.  

It is a really cute little palette and I do plan to use it.  Let's hope the more well known make up companies are good about checking their ingrediants/products.  

The only time I had used IT before was when I bought a kit for my mother maybe last year or the year before and they didn't do anything for me, but the recent TS with the CC cream looked nice on me.  I really like the mascara (super hero) that came with it and the lip treatment.  I only got the palette today and have not tried it but the colors are very pretty. 

Good thing is it seems there holiday pallets have been the same quality as the rest, I had last years and it's very good. So if it is being made in china the quality is the same. Emily Noel has a review up of the one on qvc she posted yesterday. She has nothing but good things to say. She though lasts was years was also the same quality as their everyday products.

New Contributor

I have spent $$$$ Noe I learned they are made in CHINA!!!!!!! I'M DONE... OFF YOU WANT USA MADE try THRIVE.COM
New Contributor

Also WUNDER COSMETICS are USA MADE and Dr. HAUSCHKA IS GERMANY. THEY ARE GOOD
New Contributor

Exactly I WANT THE WHOLE PRODUCT USA.
Valued Contributor

Some IT powders are made in China.I stopped purchasing Tarte and Smashbox after the companies were sold.

The Kristofer Buckle powder is also made in China.I kept it because I love the brush.

Honored Contributor

This is a fight I decided I can't win, but I draw the line at food from China.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it is scary when cosmetics are made in some foreign countries.  Canada and Europe and okay with me but I don't trust the ingredients used in some of the other countries.  I also disagree when QVC only mentions that the product is imported in the description or do not indicate where it is made.  The country name should be disclosed at all times.

kindness is strength