Regular Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics - made in China?

@Quiltlady wrote:

Gee, now you all have me wondering too. I use to use mostly Laura Geller makeup and was happy with it all but then I changed to mostly IT products which I love. But if the products themselves are actually made in China that is a game changer for me. I'm sorry but with all the bad things they have been putting in paints for toys and worse things in pet foods how can we even trust that country to be good to us in our makeup which we apply to our face?? Yikes. Having the packaging is bad enough but if the actually cosmetic product is made there NO more for me.

Does anyone know of any truly Amercian made makeup brands???? Are there even any left to be found?

What about Flowers Cosmetic, according to their website "All products are proudly made in the USA and are never tested on animals".

Esteemed Contributor

The big holiday IT makeup palettes that IT Cosmetics sells on their own website and TSC in Canada during the holidays are made in China. I don't believe that those makeup palettes have ever been sold on QVC though. Their makeup brushes are made in China.

Trusted Contributor

@TY, a number of companies have their holiday kits made in China, purportedly because of the high volume needed. Tarte's TSV comes to mind, for instance. And, yes, the IT kit you speak of was sold on QVC but not as a TSV.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

Smaller companies like IT are not manufacturers. They purchase products from various companies around the world and put their label on them. The CC creams with snail slime come from Korea. Some products come from China, some from the US. I wish QVC would go back to listing what country products come from instead of using the generic "imported." 

My guess is sales were hurt by people not purchasing products from China.

Contributor

Contributor

The product itself is made in China and Korea.  I was very upset about this because it like most of the products.  They,

DO NOT, test on animals.  They also do NOT sell their product in countries that do require animal testing.  

They can make the product their and because they do not sell it their product they don't have to test.  It was confusing, but they do have the bunny on their lable and that is very hard to get.  I wish they would explain this when selling ing QVC, I think it would help.

They ARE made in China, but she labels them "imported." That's why I never buy them. Sad because I'd love to try some but only if they are made in the USA. I guess greed is the operative It credo. Not made here because Jamie might have to pay her employees a living wage!

Honored Contributor

Recently, Loreal purchased IT. End of story. 😏
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This thread

was bumped up

(not by me lol!)

and it's from 7/2015.😳😉😄

Cobwebs on computet

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Regular Contributor

I checked on all of my It Cosmetics, and they all say made in Korea, which is NOT China!!!!  I don't object to this, but please don't say that their makeup is made in China!!  They do make their brushes there, but that too I don't object to!!!!  I am not happy that a large company bought them out.