Esteemed Contributor

IT cosmetics - made in China?

I noticed the bronzer says made in China.  Does anyone know if the entire line is made in China?

Trusted Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics - made in China?

As far as I can tell, most (if not all) of the IT makeup is not made in China.

If you are worried about animal testing, the IT website and products have the leaping bunny cruelty-free logo. In any event, the new laws in China outlaw animal testing in China.

I think her brushes are what are made in China.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

I went and checked several products and it looks like many are made in China and some just state imported.  That is really disappointing, I'm not keen on buying products from China these days.  Nothing said made in USA.

Trusted Contributor

Many companies have their products packaged in China, not MADE in China.  I know Skinn cosmetics does this.  

Esteemed Contributor

There's a thread about 3-4 pages back: List of Companies that do Animal Testing. There are several websites given to check companies and a lot of good information. While a small company might not, if it is sold to a lg corp they may test or have a third party test. Products sold in China are tested.  you can also email companies, but some are very vague or don't answer at all. HTH

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@June2 wrote:

Many companies have their products packaged in China, not MADE in China.  I know Skinn cosmetics does this.  

According to the FDA regulations about Country labeling, the company of origin is the place where the majority of the product is from. So stating simply  Made in China is NOT just the packaging but the actual product. If a company states otherwise, they are being disingenuous. Some companies will delineate the two and will say "packaging made in [], product made in []". I appreciate this type of labeling as it makes it more clear to everyone what is made where.

I really wish people would read the FDA regulations about the labeling so they can understand the labeling process better because there is alot of misinformation passed along about this. So if the OP wants to avoid PRODUCTS made in China, stating that a Made in China label simply means the packaging is made in China is misleading.

Here is a link that may be helpful to those interested in knowing the facts. There is other information out there too but this should help.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard

Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

There's a thread about 3-4 pages back: List of Companies that do Animal Testing. There are several websites given to check companies and a lot of good information. While a small company might not, if it is sold to a lg corp they may test or have a third party test. Products sold in China are tested.  you can also email companies, but some are very vague or don't answer at all. HTH

Does IT sell in China?

The law in China now, as I stated previously,  bans aminal testing on products made in China.

Here is one of many articles on this subject:

http://www.hsi.org/news/press_releases/2014/06/china-implements-rule-change-063014.html

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

This is also a misleading statement as there are other options to animal testing in China but most companies opt for animal testing instead because it is cheaper. Please read the regulations for Chinese testing and it clearly states there are other options to prove safety that does not require animal testing.

By the way, the OP did not state specifically state she avoids Chinese products because of animal testing. Some people avoid Chinese products because of safety/purity issues, political reasons, etc. So perhaps we shouldn't assume this is the reason why OP avoids Made in China products.

Honored Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

Does IT sell in China?

The law in China now, as I stated previously,  bans aminal testing on products made in China.

Here is one of many articles on this subject:

http://www.hsi.org/news/press_releases/2014/06/china-implements-rule-change-063014.html

True, products made in China are not tested- only imported products are animal tested unless the company can demonstrate safety in other approved ways as per the regulations. Dr. Perricone and Isomers have both demonstrated safety of their products to China without the use of animal testing.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@June2 wrote:

According to the FDA regulations about Country labeling, the company of origin is the place where the majority of the product is from. So stating simply  Made in China is NOT just the packaging but the actual product. If a company states otherwise, they are being disingenuous. Some companies will delineate the two and will say "packaging made in [], product made in []". I appreciate this type of labeling as it makes it more clear to everyone what is made where.

I really wish people would read the FDA regulations about the labeling so they can understand the labeling process better because there is alot of misinformation passed along about this. So if the OP wants to avoid PRODUCTS made in China, stating that a Made in China label simply means the packaging is made in China is misleading.

@HappyDaze, I think the OP was referring to what is stated on the Q website and not on the actual packaging. I recently received a product from IT and it has the leaping bunny stamp and say Made in the USA. I also checked the bronzer I bought last year - same thing.