Regular Contributor

IT cosmetics cc cream on 60+ skin?? Any thoughts?

I am 66 & wonder if IT CC cream settles in lines or accentuates them? Laura Geller Balance & Brighten works good but not sure on the CC cream. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics cc cream on 60+ skin?? Any thoughts?

Hi @Novemberbaby - I've used this foundation for a few years now and I do like it.  It hides any imperfections I may have and doesn't accentuate any wrinkles around my eyes, etc. I do have 60+ skin (almost 70 Woman Wink)  Sometimes in spring/summer weather I have added moisturizer to thin it out just a bit, as I don't need the coverage very heavy - for me, that would be the only negative - if I don't use the beauty blender or my Michael Todd Sonic Blend, it can feel a bit heavy. I love that it is SPF 50. It may be worth a try ...good luck!

Regular Contributor

@GemsNBeauty thank you! I like the spf 50 aspect so maybe will try. I can always send back.

Valued Contributor

I have used  the CC Cream Illumination for a few years and I am definitely in your age range. I agree with the other review that states it can seem heavy/thick so I always make sure I am using serums/moisturizers before applying. For me, it does not settle in lines but you will need to blend, blend, blend.

My complaint with it IT Foundation is that it is so yellow based! I have read their responses for over a year, when addressed about yellow based, that they will be coming out with something not so yellow based. I doubt it will ever happen.

Honored Contributor

I am 60.  I use it mixed with Tarte BB cream which gives me a better color match and for some reason I can wear neither of these alone but they work well together for me.  Both, for some reason, alone seems to accentuate my pores, but when mixed do not.  I do use a brush to buff it out after it dries.  

Contributor

I have used it for several years...moisturizer first, Laura Geller B and B after. I am 70.

Respected Contributor

I am 66 and it works very well. The trick is not to apply too much. A little goes a long way.

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

It doesn't settle in my fine lines and I will be 69 in a few weeks. However, it's very yellow based which I don't care for.

Super Contributor

@Novemberbaby, As someone who just turned 60, I’ve been using IT’s CC Cream for the past two years. I use the regular version in Medium for my light-to-medium skin.  The Medium shade seems to be more of a neutral tone for me; I previously tried the Light shade, but it was too yellow. And I also use a primer (NYX Hydra Touch) beforehand.

@IMW, I agree 100% that a little of the CC cream goes a long way!

Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I am 66 and it works very well. The trick is not to apply too much. A little goes a long way.

Enjoy!

@IMW

I agree. It goes on pretty thick.  You almost need to thin it out with something else or it goes on a little "pasty", IMO.