Honored Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics and the fake eyebrows.....

On 4/5/2015 lynmom50 said:

Geez some of you on here take my comment so personally!!! I was talking about the MODELS and the TONS of makeup they plaster on...The FAKE EYEBROWS are way to dark and look so fake..I am NOT making fun of ANYONE that has a disease etc....CALM DOWN!

you may have started out by speaking of the model but then you implied that anyone that needs help with her eyebrows do so because they pluck them ""beyond the point of no return'. there are plenty of reasons that people need help with her eyebrows none of which have anything to do with over plucking. my wimpy eyebrows are due to a combination of aging and the fact that they are blonde and invisible
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/5/2015 lynmom50 said:

Geez some of you on here take my comment so personally!!! I was talking about the MODELS and the TONS of makeup they plaster on...The FAKE EYEBROWS are way to dark and look so fake..I am NOT making fun of ANYONE that has a disease etc....CALM DOWN!

Your delivery is very snarky. The fact that you take so much enjoyment from making fun of others speaks volumes about you

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I agree with betteb and Andrea. It was your delivery that rubbed most of us wrong, and also the unnecessary assumption about why some of us need to rely on such products.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 metrogal said:

I'm so tired of IT over and over and over.....with the same items that I just tuned in and tuned out.....but in that one split second....thought what in heck did Jamie do to her eyebrows. Grouch Marc revisited Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I don't think ANYONE makes fun of things that are caused by an illness or its treatment.

SOME people have overplucked and they hair doesn't come back.

I think we all understand that IF the brow hair is MISSING, cosmetic filling in is understandable.

SOME vendors overdo their models and brows. Those just look silly.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2015 HappyDaze said:

I'm so tired of IT over and over and over.....with the same items that I just tuned in and tuned out.....but in that one split second....thought what in heck did Jamie do to her eyebrows. Grouch Marc revisited Smiley Sad

LOL - that one threw me at first too! But I figured out who she really meant.

Honored Contributor

I agree, the OP may have been talking about the model, but it really hits home with some of us because we're embarrassed about our brows to begin with...

There are also those of us who have scars where our eyebrows used to be and thank God there ARE ways to give the illusion of eyebrows. Most pencils won't go over scar tissue so it can be especially frustrating for those of us with scarring. AND getting the right color took me forever to find and it's a little too dark but I use it lightly and try!! Some days it can get way darker than I intended.

Oh, and then just when I thought I've found an eyebrow that's as good as I can get.... they discontinue it and I have to start all over again.

Yeah... there are quite a few of us that would take your OP personally.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I had full brows that were naturally shaped very badly and no plucking or trying to get much of an arch worked. Now that I'm old, they are thinner don't grow much at all. Many of us for various reasons need help with our brows. The demos on QVC are a big help for suggestions. I will say I'm getting a little tired of IT on so often. I really loved that line for a while, but then bought some items I had to return. I wish Jamie would slow down on her talking when she does the presentations.

Super Contributor

Correction: Groucho Marx

Regular Contributor

I think it is amazing that IT has made such a big market with products that are mostly for specialty coverage. I often watch the presentations and find the coverage amazing, but...it looks like makeup. She was showing how easily the younger model today was able to cover her redness and truly it was amazing...so quick and smooth, but the shade was not right and although it looks "nice", it does not look "natural". IT is certainly not the no makeup look! Other have mentioned before that you can often notice a difference in color with the appearance of the models neck. As far as eyebrows...there are lots of products out there right now but as Q4U mentioned, you never know when one that you really like will be discontinued.