Super Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics TSV 11|10!!

This one was a no brainer for me.  The Confidence in a cream is my go-to moisturizer and it retails for $48.  Their brushes are typically awesome, so I figure I'm ahead of the game with just those two items.  I'm trying to behave and not buy the holiday beauty book as well!  The good thing about the Holidays is that even if IT is not your thing, there are so many great pallets and kits out there now!

Honored Contributor

Oh, and forgot to mention Ebates if 5% today.

Respected Contributor

It's a great deal if you just use the moisturizer!  You can give the other products away or sell them.  I do love IT skincare, but their foundations just are not my favorite.

Regular Contributor

Two years ago I got the TSV with the celebration foundation illumination, and I used it up,  I just replenished with the regular celebration foundation and, though I don't like how it shows dry flaky skin, I do reach for it and it gives me a really easy way to cover my many imperfections when I have to run out the door.  Anyway, I'm partly tempted to get the book too, for travel, but I really don't like the one It blush that I do have, and I'm concerned that blush will just be too pigmented for me.  I also tested some of the It eyeshadows at Ulta last time I was there, and they felt powdery.  Are they nice?  I do like the eyeshadow colors in that book, and I love the idea of everything in one place, but I just don't think it's going to work on my light, warm-toned skin. 

Contributor

@dal23 wrote:

Two years ago I got the TSV with the celebration foundation illumination, and I used it up,  I just replenished with the regular celebration foundation and, though I don't like how it shows dry flaky skin, I do reach for it and it gives me a really easy way to cover my many imperfections when I have to run out the door.  Anyway, I'm partly tempted to get the book too, for travel, but I really don't like the one It blush that I do have, and I'm concerned that blush will just be too pigmented for me.  I also tested some of the It eyeshadows at Ulta last time I was there, and they felt powdery.  Are they nice?  I do like the eyeshadow colors in that book, and I love the idea of everything in one place, but I just don't think it's going to work on my light, warm-toned skin. 

The thing about their eyeshadows  is that they are talc free. That didn't mean so much to me a few years ago, but now I find that it does. Very silky, and in fact contains silk. Also, the blush is a different color, and ombre, so by sticking to the upper part of the pan, you can control the pigmentation. I got last year's and am getting the new one! It could work for you, and if not, return it.