Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT cosmetic TSV

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sonechko, I bet it will be the pencil that comes only in the universal taupe. I use that, but I use the skinny version.

Thanks! I've read so many good things about that skinny pencil! And specifically, about it's old version. But, I will refrain from buying any more brow product, until I go to Sephora to find me a right one, and with exact shade I need. And I do have taupe in mind. Taupe also has two major tones - beige taupe and gray taupe. I think, I'd need something in between! A neutral Taupe! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sonechko, I bet it will be the pencil that comes only in the universal taupe. I use that, but I use the skinny version.

Thanks! I've read so many good things about that skinny pencil! And specifically, about it's old version. But, I will refrain from buying any more brow product, until I go to Sephora to find me a right one, and with exact shade I need. And I do have taupe in mind. Taupe also has two major tones - beige taupe and gray taupe. I think, I'd need something in between! A neutral Taupe! Woman Happy

@sonechko I don't know how much difference there is in the skinny pencil now and the old version, but I went to Ulta to check it out the other day and I didn't like it.  The lead broke right off.  I think I've seen complaints on there not being much lead in that pencil too.  I was only interested because it came in Auburn (the "universal" taupe doesn't work well for me) but I think there are better ones out there.  I like Clinique and Anastasia Brow Wiz better personally.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I use the IT Cosmetics Skinny Brow in Universal (Taupe). I don't think that it's been discontinued. I hope not because the reviews for the Super Skinny (the one that comes in shades, including Taupe) are not exactly stellar.

I have that one also and it has lasted a long time.

Since you are discussing models and the effects of putting on makeup so many times a day. One line that I wouldn't mind working....or specifically a product...is Josie Moran's Whipped Butter.  Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Knees and Toes! LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Anastasia blonde looked pretty good to me and for me! I checked it on Internet. Thanks @sueinsf! I wonder if Sephora carries Anastasia.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko Yes, I believe Sephora carries Anastasia.  They make a number of different brow products so if you get a good color match, check them out!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! Will go there, for sure. I need to set another hair trim soon, and Sephora is right by!

Thanks @sueinsf! Robot LOL

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

I saw a dark haired girl present it at one time, no idea who she is. I do think a lot put way too much makeup on regardless what brand it is. I don't like to see where it stops and my jaw line and neck look different from my face.

I try and get as close a match as I can to my face and even then, I don't put a lot on so is why I wanted this being it said sheer. I am hoping it is exactly like the Mally I had and used up which looks exactly the same.

Of course, I don't know which presentation you watched, and which model @doglover3, but I noticed THAT also. But on the later presentations. On the earlier ones, I saw a different picture on my HD TV - their make-up looked great!

Later, they were sold out on light color, or already when they were running low on it, and were putting medium color on the same girl they used "light" earlier. Besides the models faces were quite tired later on. I watched several presentations during this visit to make sure I picked correct color for myself.

If you've noticed, the models do have some skin "issues" and sensitivities, and having numerous times take the make-up off on camera and put a new coat was stressful on their skin. It sure does take it's toll on one's appearance! If I do the make-up wrong and have to take it off, my face does show it, most definitely. But, I think mostly it was because they started to use darker color. They also used medium on Helen (!) on later presentations, saying - the medium looked good on her! Smiley Happy

No, I wasn't saying that dark haired one that was giving the presentation I saw or any of the models looked like that, just saying in general this is a pet peeve of mine, just don't like to see where face makeup lets off and is so much darker or orange over anyones regular skin tone.

I wasn't talking about anyone on air, just saying in general this is something I don't like to see anywhere.

This is why I try to be very careful choosing the right or what I think is the right shade for me.

I have already gotten the wrong shade and thought I looked okay till I was in the car going somewhere and looked in the mirror out in the sun, WOW, I could see such a huge difference between my jaw line and my neck, didn't wear that foundation anymore that's for sure, looked terrible in day light,lol.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

@Blondelle wrote:

Does anyone know the amount of foundation production the compact? The YouTube video of it said it was supersized!

Each shipment includes 0.34-fl oz CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation Compact;   AND 0.34-fl of CC+  Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation Refill Cartridge(get 2, 1 foundation & 1 refill, of these for the price of one)

I think this is what she meant by super size since you not only get the compact but also a refill which I have never seen done or given before so, good deal.

Surprisingly, Jaime also said the Veil Compact is Supersized in her first show of the night. The Veil Compact is not supersized. There is just a refill. It's the idea that you are getting more than you normally do when you purchase the Veil Compact. Many women have stated that there is hardly any product in the Veil Compact.

SUPERSIZED should mean supersized and an example of this would be Jaime's TSV with the CC Foundation Tube that is more than double the size than what she sells normally. It was this TSV (March 10, 2014)

No Image Found  The tube is 2.53 ounces and is $49.54 with the lip gloss and tightline mascara (no brush beginning with second auto delivery) and it is more than double the size of the regular size.  The original TSV was $59.98 which included the brush.

Whereas the

IT Cosmetics Anti-Aging Full Coverage Physical SPF50 CC Cream - A231985This tube is 1.08 ounces is $38.00.

So in actuality, today's TSV isn't bad because you get the brow power in subsequent auto deliveries and no brush for the $49.50. However, this brow power was in the previous TSV last November 2015. I wish the skinny brow pencil was included but there are too many colors and would be difficult to coordinate.

Jaime used to supersize the bye bye under eye concealer in many of her TSVs. Most of us have a lifetime worth of bye bye under eye concealer.

I am slightly wondering - how exactly the Q is going to set up for us choosing the correct color brow product on subsequent deliveries?

Either the brow pencil will be a one time thing OR it may be the one in neutral taupe that is made for everyone and depends on how hard or soft you press on it when applying? I am just guessing of course.

Respected Contributor

boy, didn't know I had already answered this question so I did it again, didn't read all the way to the end so didn't see my last post before this one, sorry.

Respected Contributor

Re: IT cosmetic TSV

[ Edited ]

@doglover3 wrote:

boy, didn't know I had already answered this question so I did it again, didn't read all the way to the end so didn't see my last post before this one, sorry.

It's the Brow Power that comes in universal taupe. It was shown on a taping that I saw on Saturday. It's the same Brow Power that came with the TSV in Novemeber. Not exciting.

I was going back and forth about ordering and I  actually ordered the TSV late Friday or early Saturday and I will receive it today in California. The quickest delivery I have ever had outside of the Christmas Holiday rush.