Contributor

For me this is a disappointing kit.  A lot of the same items that have been in the kits the past 3-4 tsvs.  I have several bye bye under eye concealer tubes from past kits, they last a long time.  I have the lipstick from another kit and it turns a bright fushia after an hour and then as I reapply it.  I still have the illumination foundation from the last kit because I just use it over the cc cream, so it lasts a long time.  I like the tight line mascara better than the one in this kit.  I use the brow power, but have 2 more from the supersize offer from a few months ago that I need to use before they dry up.  I guess I will save some money this time.

i am hoping the new year tsv has the bye bye foundation and some other newer or different items that are not always included in the tsv.  The new year kit is usually a nice one.

Frequent Contributor

I'm new to It Cosmetics and I am trying to find out which of the Celebration Foundations work on mature, dry skin. I need a foundation w/o spf for my daughter's wedding. This one in the tsv is their illuminating version. Worried with flash photography that I may look ghostly. Thanks for your help!

Contributor

IT Cosmetics can be found at Ulta stores and Ulta.com.

Respected Contributor

@MomCat
I hear you, loud and clear.  By the time you filter out the products you'll never use you're not ahead with spending and then the dilemma of what to do with pieces you'll never use.
I guess a lot of women use eBay for this purpose and come out alright.  For me I'll stick with individual items which aren't a gamble.   Regardless of "The Pitch" where "These 2 products cover the price of the entire kit... it may be true in some cases.  In general I bet you're better off selecting what you really want rather than paying for odd colors and pieces which belong anywhere but your cosmetic drawer.
@MomCat wrote:

I keep saying it, but I am truly done with kits.  I have more concealer than I will ever use, and I just hate having to toss these skincare and makeup products.  I just threw away a ton of dr denese.  Hardly a bargain if it goes bad before I can use.  Concerning IT.  I have tried, and tried, but I really don't like the mascara.  They weird brush design doesn't help either.   

Highlighted
Contributor

I watched the presentation.  I have all these products except the brush, but I think this would be a good kit for someone new to IT.  It has a lot of the basis products that someone new to the line might like to try.  Or if you use the products and are running low it would be a good buy.  I have bought the last few IT TSVs so I am well stocked for the next 4-6 months.  I am looking forward to the Jan TSV and hope the BYE BYE FOUNDATION is included.  I bought it on th it site with the recent discount and like it very much.  It is alike thicker than the cc clean and has slightly better coverage.  It also is  slightly more matte or less glowy.  I also got the small eyeshadow palette with 6 colors and the transformer shade.  All the colors are nice and wearable.

Esteemed Contributor

What a boring TSV. I have probably tried everything in that kit at one point or another. I wonder if this kit will also be the showstopper next month whe IT Cosmetics returns to Canada? Their line is becoming predictable and so are the sales pitches.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I keep saying it, but I am truly done with kits.  I have more concealer than I will ever use, and I just hate having to toss these skincare and makeup products.  I just threw away a ton of dr denese.  Hardly a bargain if it goes bad before I can use.  Concerning IT.  I have tried, and tried, but I really don't like the mascara.  They weird brush design doesn't help either.   

I don't like the mascara either.  This is such a disappointing TSV.  I don't like the concealer--it smears too much and my  mascara ends up under my eyes, the mascara isn't good for adding volume or much length, I don't love the lip color, the foundation can get cakey.  The only thing I LOVE in this TSV is the brush.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I use a lot of It but this kit is an easy pass for me. Have some of the stuff and don't like the rest. 

Respected Contributor

@caheff wrote:

I'm new to It Cosmetics and I am trying to find out which of the Celebration Foundations work on mature, dry skin. I need a foundation w/o spf for my daughter's wedding. This one in the tsv is their illuminating version. Worried with flash photography that I may look ghostly. Thanks for your help!

This would be a good kit to try out for you.  Really nice products.  I am 46 and they work great for me.  You can always return it if it doesn't but for this price this is a great kit!

Not sure about flash photography with it but you can again give it a test drive. 

Honored Contributor

This is an easy pass for me.  I had a supersize tube of that concealer from a past TSV kit.  I use it daily but I think there are still years of use left in that tube. 

I have the lipstick, also from a past TSV, and it's not a favorite of mine at all.  On first application it's a pretty plummy pink color.  But as I apply throughout the day it turns an ugly, brighter pink.

I have and use the brow pencil, it was in an Ipsy kit I got but I have an used brow pencil so I don't need this.  The mascara I've never tried and I'm not interested.  I would just want the brush.  LOL