Frequent Contributor

IT TSV very big disappointment

I'm sending it back I just got it today and tried it while I like the CC cream and the lipstickand the brush I'm very disappointed in the eye concealer and the powder,they are both so dark and do not match the c_c creamthey are both so dark and do not match the c_c cream at all. I feel like an oompa loompa with the powder it is so orange & dark. it's just very disappointing for my first it purchase and there's not enough of the CC cream for me to justify keeping it all Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

Re: IT TSV very big disappointment

I tried the cc cream at Ulta today. The tan shade is not yellow enough for me. It smelled nice though and covered okay. I cant wait to see how it wears until bedtime.
Frequent Contributor

I feel the same way Andrea. I have the tan in the CC fdn in the tube and the original Bye Bye Undereye concealer but these Tan products are so much darker. I put both concealers on my hand to compare the colors and the orig BBUE is much lighter and has a pink tone...the new CC+Eye is just brown. The CC in the compact is too dark too. I really like the lipstick but its all going back.
Respected Contributor

I have ordered some of IT cosmetics when it was first introduced on QVC. I sent most of it back -- did not like it all. I do like the brushes but not the actual product. I don't know why QVC cannot find a good cosmetic line...

KatieB

Regular Contributor

I love her eyeliner and brow power. My TSV just arrived. I will let you know how I feel tomorrow.
Regular Contributor

On 1/22/2015 andrea m IL said: I'm sending it back I just got it today and tried it while I like the CC cream and the lipstickand the brush I'm very disappointed in the eye concealer and the powder,they are both so dark and do not match the c_c creamthey are both so dark and do not match the c_c cream at all. I feel like an oompa loompa with the powder it is so orange & dark. it's just very disappointing for my first it purchase and there's not enough of the CC cream for me to justify keeping it all Smiley Sad

Total Ditto on everything you said, Andrea-I feel exactly the same and it makes me sad and frustrated and guilty -I HATE sending things back! I thought for sure this was a winner for me as I use a lot of IT products- do not like the powder at all, and the eye cream makes my dark circles look worse! I have to send it back, it's too expensive for a lipstick, even though I like it, it's no different than the buttercreams, so I feel kinda duped on the "full coverage" lipstick as well. Brush is great, but have plenty of those. Makes me sad.

Respected Contributor

This may be why they didn't have darker models on TSV day. If the color read badly on the monitor, they may have decided not to show it. Back to the drawing board!

Honored Contributor

Her shades tend to run darker as I tried out last year at ULTa. I did not realize her makeup is all full coverage which I do not need or wear. Many women love it but right now I am happy with Laura Mercier because she offers so many shades & undertones and her tinted moisturizer & foundations have beautiful finishes.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm, I watched some of the presentations online on my ipad QVC app, and even I noticed that the colors seemed to run dark on the models and even Jaime. I noticed that their faces were a lot darker than their necks, not a good look when you are selling foundation.

I prefer the IT Cosmetics CC cream SPF 50+ in the tube as a foundation, the medium shade is just right for me and I don't see any reason to change to a different delivery format where the color may be too dark.

Trusted Contributor

Mine arrived end of the day today so I decided to try it all on. This is my first time using any of the cc cream products. To be honest right now I'm very pleased with everything. The only negative is that I had to use 3 pumps of the cc cream foundation to cover my face. I used the brush and it did a nice job. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first but then I applied the powder and that made all the difference. Its now full coverage but you need both and the medium seems to work well with my skin tone. I'm a brunette with a little auburn and the lipstick is lighter than I normally wear. I do use a lipliner with my Chanel lipstick so I outlined my lips. colored them in lightly with the lipliner then applied the lipstick and now the color is much better on me. The under eye cc concealer that came with the set provides some nice coverage but I like the coverage of the bye bye under eye concealer better. Overall the look of these products look nice on me but I will need more time before I'm certain. In addition, I can tell that I will easily run out of the foundation and will have to buy the tube which contains more product.