Respected Contributor

I don't think it's the exact same brush, but it's the same line (white bristles, silver handle). This one looks a little smaller and less round.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I got the last tsv with the illumination and I think it is terrible.  Not even the brush is enticing in this one.  Easy pass.

I don't mind the illumination.  That being said, the rest of the products are just awful.  And, as you said, the brush doesn't look great.  The last TSV brush was very SUBPAR by IT. 

Her TSV brushes used to be of the same quality.  Now, they are not!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Desi wrote:

I don't think it's the exact same brush, but it's the same line (white bristles, silver handle). This one looks a little smaller and less round.

It looks to be of subpar quality as the other one was.  I'm disappointed in her TSV brushes.  They are not any better than cheaper brands.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Not to be argumentative (really, I am so tired of disagreement) but I kept the last TSV for the ball brush!  I am a hard sell on synthetic brushes for powders, and I am actually using it daily instead of my old beloved Smashbox bristle brush. That is saying something believe me. I think the last brush was awesome - can only assume the one in this TSV will be similar quality. So, some of us did like the last brush, just saying.

Occasional Contributor

@Desi wrote:

Not to be argumentative (really, I am so tired of disagreement) but I kept the last TSV for the ball brush!  I am a hard sell on synthetic brushes for powders, and I am actually using it daily instead of my old beloved Smashbox bristle brush. That is saying something believe me. I think the last brush was awesome - can only assume the one in this TSV will be similar quality. So, some of us did like the last brush, just saying.

I like the brush from last time too, but not for using on everything like they were demonstrating on the presentation. A little frustrated though that they are having almost the same one on this TSV. I also really wish they had the new mascara and not tightline. Tightline is awful- I don't get the hype.

Respected Contributor

Anab., ITA I wish it was the new Super Hero and not Tightline which I hate and won't use. 

Frequent Contributor

It an easy pass for me. I bought the cc illuminator when it came out and had to send it back. It was full of glitter.

Esteemed Contributor

@mjd1954 wrote:

It an easy pass for me. I bought the cc illuminator when it came out and had to send it back. It was full of glitter.

I was hoping the cc illuminator was less 'glowy' than the celebration illumination - I could only use it as a highlughter. The cc sounds moreso with the glitter description!  

I also tried IT cc at Ulta and it transferred terribly- I only used one pump with a sponge applicator. My phone screen was a mess an hour after application!  I was hoping the new brush would make the difference-- but with it being the illumination version, the tsv is a pass. 

Respected Contributor

I'm one of the few who likes the illumination foundation--it's not sparkly on me and leaves a slight dewy look. I prefer the original foundation, though.

Having said that, I like nothing else in this TSV! It almost seems like they have so much inventory of certain products that they're just sticking them in a TSV to get rid of them.

I have enough foundation to last me, so I will pass on this TSV and hope for a better one in the future. When they're good, with the higher end IT brushes, they are imposible to pass up!

Esteemed Contributor

@mjd1954 wrote:

That's strange, I've never seen glitter in a tube of anything that IT Cosmetics have made, not even the Illumination foundation.