Contributor

Ccassaday wrote:
I have to laugh. There is five reviews of this tsv already. A couple have used the two skincare products. Not one has used the foundation but they just know it will be great. Why does qvc allow these kind of reviews.

I agree about the foundation; if you haven't tried it, why put anything in a review.  As far as reviews being posted, my order came in Saturday afternoon, a first for me and UPS, so there actually could be reviews posted.

I tried the new foundation yesterday and really like it.

Esteemed Contributor

@TiredOfNewNames wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:
I have to laugh. There is five reviews of this tsv already. A couple have used the two skincare products. Not one has used the foundation but they just know it will be great. Why does qvc allow these kind of reviews.

I agree about the foundation; if you haven't tried it, why put anything in a review.  As far as reviews being posted, my order came in Saturday afternoon, a first for me and UPS, so there actually could be reviews posted.

I tried the new foundation yesterday and really like it.

That's great you liked the foundation. Mine was shipped. I should get it WED or Thursday. I can't wait to try it. My skin has been so dry so I hope the moisturizer helps.

Honored Contributor

Received mine around 4 PM today, will try it tomorrow. I preordered from the email.

Confidence in a cream can be used day or night so maybe I can try that tonight.

"You call him Mr. Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

Here I was all excited about additional shades being offered and with all the presentations, never ONCE did they show a model wearing either of the two new shades!  Ridiculous, really.  The closest thing I could use as a reference point was that Kyrstyn L. (sp.) was wearing the medium tan shade on the Morning Q - that was it.  And THAT was only by chance that I saw it. 

Sometimes when I see oversights like this I can 't help but think it's deliberate, either for reason of stock availability or something else.  Call me a cynic.

Regardless, I went ahead and ordered it anyway.  I'm being hopeful I'll like the shade and its' undertone.

Honored Contributor

I used the Confidence in a Cream last night, over the Bye Bye Lines Serum sample I received with the tsv. Wow my face felt so moisturized this morning.  Loved the way it felt.

This morning I used both again and tried the tsv foundation. Honestly I didn't like it all that much. Too difficult to spread (I used my fingers). I do like the shade, got the fair which is what I always get in IT. Tomorrow I'm going to try it over the cc cream and see if that makes a difference. I was not expecting full coverage, Jamie always says they are but for me at least, no. I have redness and other issues. I don't want my foundation to look like a cakey thick mask, so I have learned not to try to cover every flaw. Plus I just think for me that's a healthier attitude. I have flaws  and I'm no longer young. 

I just want to be the best version of me that I can on any given day. I also like Maybelline Fit Me foundation, that has a beautiful texture and spreads so well. I understand this IT foundation is some sort of pressed serum, that's how Jamie described it. Maybe it was too much to use the Bye Bye lines serum under it.

I might end up canceling the auto delivery and just splurging on the Confidence in a Cream on the IT site. The eye cream would have to be really great to continue the AD, with eye creams it takes time to notice any difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I used the Confidence in a Cream last night, over the Bye Bye Lines Serum sample I received with the tsv. Wow my face felt so moisturized this morning.  Loved the way it felt.

This morning I used both again and tried the tsv foundation. Honestly I didn't like it all that much. Too difficult to spread (I used my fingers). I do like the shade, got the fair which is what I always get in IT. Tomorrow I'm going to try it over the cc cream and see if that makes a difference. I was not expecting full coverage, Jamie always says they are but for me at least, no. I have redness and other issues. I don't want my foundation to look like a cakey thick mask, so I have learned not to try to cover every flaw. Plus I just think for me that's a healthier attitude. I have flaws  and I'm no longer young. 

I just want to be the best version of me that I can on any given day. I also like Maybelline Fit Me foundation, that has a beautiful texture and spreads so well. I understand this IT foundation is some sort of pressed serum, that's how Jamie described it. Maybe it was too much to use the Bye Bye lines serum under it.

I might end up canceling the auto delivery and just splurging on the Confidence in a Cream on the IT site. The eye cream would have to be really great to continue the AD, with eye creams it takes time to notice any difference.

Did you tap and swirl your brush when using the foundation. I noticed in vids when you swirl it turns a little liquid. I have a feeling I am going to like that serum. And it is expensive.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday I didn't use a brush.  I remember Jamie said you have to swirl it around a bit to make it more creamy. I did that with my fingers but maybe not enough. 

I know fingers are a no no with foundation but I just like doing it that way sometimes. Tomorrow I will try a brush. I gave the tsv brush away, I already have a similar IT brush.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@ccassaday I didn't use a brush.  I remember Jamie said you have to swirl it around a bit to make it more creamy. I did that with my fingers but maybe not enough. 

I know fingers are a no no with foundation but I just like doing it that way sometimes. Tomorrow I will try a brush. I gave the tsv brush away, I already have a similar IT brush.

Let us know if you like the brush better.

Esteemed Contributor

I received mine and  I love the kit.  The confidence cream is nice that it doesn't have a strong scent to it.  Makes my face and nice and smooth and I love the under eye cream.  Nice and cooling.  I ordered the foundation in medium and it's a perfect match.  I applied it using the brush which was nice and easy.  Went on smooth on the face and not thick looking.  I'm happy I bought this kit.  The foundation is fabulous  Makes a nice natural look and not cakey.  

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone order and receive the medium tan shade of this kit?  If so, how does the shade compare to medium?  Hopefully it is just darker and golden with no added pink tone.  I should be receiving my order today.