Honored Contributor

Have any of you used a product called-It's a Ten?

I met a girl who had the most beautiful hair and said this is what she uses.....

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Super Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Have any of you used a product called-It's a Ten?

I met a girl who had the most beautiful hair and said this is what she uses.....

I have been using it on my daughters hair for 2 years now and love it.  Her hair is past her butt and it's the greatest detangler I have found.  It has a great scent(not too strong) and keeps her hair looking healthy.  

Respected Contributor

My daughter has been using it with great results, it also damages your hair.

Honored Contributor

I've used it and my husband is currently using it and has been for months now.  He likes it.  We'd buy it again.  Got our's on amazon.com

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I've used it and my husband is currently using it and has been for months now.  He likes it.  We'd buy it again.  Got our's on amazon.com

Just an FYI-I was told by my last hairdresser that if its not purchased at a salon it's not the real deal.  I called BoRics and asked them and they agreed that you should buy from a salon only.  Meijer also sells it, but I buy mine from BoRics(don't go there for services just to purchase this).

Respected Contributor

It's a good product. @panda1234  I haven't heard of it causing damage but I have been told by my hairdresser not to use a protein product too much or it can cause damage. 

Respected Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

It's a good product. @panda1234  I haven't heard of it causing damage but I have been told by my hairdresser not to use a protein product too much or it can cause damage. 

My daughter has been using it for about three years. She has a lot of breakage, hairdresser said it was from that product. But again....great results.

Respected Contributor

I don't get how it can be damaging but yet you get great results?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

Too much protein is not good for your hair. I don't know why and I'm too lazy right now to look it up. It probably causes your hair to get brittle?  I believe this has protein but I didn't think that much. I know the protein treatments in the salon have a lot and shouldn't be done too often. 

Trusted Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

Too much protein is not good for your hair. I don't know why and I'm too lazy right now to look it up. It probably causes your hair to get brittle?  I believe this has protein but I didn't think that much. I know the protein treatments in the salon have a lot and shouldn't be done too often. 

Yes heard a while ago as well that too much protein keratin can dry out and ruin hair...Google it or look on makeupalley the hair baord will help you with that!

"It's a 10" regular formula I think is fine for all hair... they have a few types now) the one WITH Keratin (protein) in it may be to not use if concerned.

I have regular and keratin and a zillion others...lol. I think if you use a leave-in with protein too often it may dry out hair.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky