Respected Contributor

I've only used the original CC IT foundation. How is the Illumination different? The only illumination foundation online is a powder.

Honored Contributor

Re: IT Illuminating Foundation

[ Edited ]

@lavendar -

I actually got this when IT was first on.

I still don't get it.

It just seems like a white sparkly kind of powder. No matter what I've tried, I don't know how it can be a foundation.

Even as a highlighter, it is very obvious and difficult to get right.

I do love the brush it came with back then-a huge soft brush. Maybe I'll just use it for a face massage!Woman Frustrated

edited to add-I just looked for it and they no longer sell the one I have which was a loose powder in a jar-very messy. And I do not remember different colors, just one for all.

So disregard this review because I don't have the new oneSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

hi @lavendar it makes the face appear slighly brighter.  I prefer it to the regular.  Brightness is like a filter for the face.  just a subtle difference, not that noticeable.  hope this helps

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay i think @lavendar  is asking about the cc cream, not the compact, which is what i think you are writing about.  I have that too, came in a kit, but it is like something extra, and i never have time for extra steps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I Use it, and I don't see the shimmer/glitter other people claim to see even when looking in a magnifying mirror, but I mix it with Tarte BB Cream, so maybe that's why.  I don't like matte foundations, but prefer a bit of a glow or dewy look.  

Edited to Add:  Not sure if you're watching the presentation of the TSV right now, but in my opinion, whatever the host (not the vendor) is wearing is way too shiny.  There's a difference between a little glow or dew and looking like an oil slick.

Regular Contributor

Ive used it and it doesnt perform as I would hope.  Ive tried others with better results

Honored Contributor

I think it's awful.  It made my face look either very greasy or sweaty.  I looked like I needed a trip to the ladies room to powder my nose.  I couldn't return it fast enough.  Others here are too kind to this terrible product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

I've only used the original CC IT foundation. How is the Illumination different? The only illumination foundation online is a powder.

@lavendar  I'm light @x's a medium with dry skin and like using the regular CC (plus many other foundations - love many).

However, when I used this Illumination CC I looked like the tin woman and even on some presentations last night and now on some models it did not look good. Pretty Sandra looked like she just had too much glow going on. I love glow and have so many glowy/sheen type products but use them separately.

Shocked they do not give an option for the regular CC in the kit - if they did I'm sure it may sell better with less returns. AND it is super sized! To me it's like moving something along that is undesirable but seems many must love it!

Now I just adore the lightly illuminated Bye Bye Illumination for Eyes.

**Also the new BrowFull pencil reads more brown hint of red IMHO..I like more ash in brow shades as most do as well since it looks natural.

Must pass and do on any QVC kits...we should have choices in these kits

I feel.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

I use both the regular and illuminating. I prefer the illuminating. I don’t get the shiny, glitter, disco ball effect unless I use too much or am particularly sweaty. I don’t use a primer or moisturizer under it.
Esteemed Contributor

This just reminded me that waking up late last night or in the wee hours of this morning with the tv on I heard Desiree say that they work side by side with plastic surgeons and that's why when you use IT products you're actually using skin care products. Who knew that plastic surgeons were skin care experts. So I guess if I break out with adult acne I should go see a plastic surgeon rather than a dermatologist.

God forbid they should ever do a presentation without getting that little nugget "we work with plastic surgeons" out of their mouth within the first 60 seconds.