Honored Contributor

Re: IT Illuminating Foundation

I have yet to find a IT foundation, liquid or powder, that doesn’t look heavy. I’ve tested them all...either drying or too much shine. No good plastic surgeon would put his name on these products.

Respected Contributor

I am starting to think the illuminating one isn't selling as well, shows up too much in the TSV's. 

IMHO it makes one look like The Tin Man.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I've been using the regular foundation for years. I use very little and thin it out. Do not use it in the summer; it is too heavy.

Am using up my last tube; thought I could mix them. If not it goes back. I need a lift; been busy and let myself go a bit.

Time to get back to normal.

Super Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

I've only used the original CC IT foundation. How is the Illumination different? The only illumination foundation online is a powder.

I checked it out on the Ulta site and it has Very high marks.  I have used the It CC foundation and the Bye-Bye foundation moisturizer and love both.  I'm going to give it a try as the brush alone is $48!  I love their brow items and also want to try this wider pencil.  I think it is a no-brainer.  It looks pretty on the models IMHO.  Some people like the dewy look.  I use the It Bye-Bye pores powder over my foundation and it lasts most of the day.  I truly love It cosmetics.  By the way, I am 56.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I have yet to find a IT foundation, liquid or powder, that doesn’t look heavy. I’ve tested them all...either drying or too much shine. No good plastic surgeon would put his name on these products.

@Shanus I used the original powder in the black compact for quite a long time and I didn't find that it looked heavy as long as I used the brush properly. I didn't however realize it was too yellowish for me until I tried Bare Minerals original, one brand on each side of my face. I lucked out finding the right one for me pretty quickly. The IT side almost looked jaundiced when side by side. Wish someone had told all that time I wore it that my color was off.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the IT super sized CC spf50.  I don’t like it.  It does settle into lines and says you need to reapply every 2 hours for spf.  Waste of money.

Regular Contributor

I've been using Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar skin tint as foundation for months now.  Ulta carries it so you can try it on, sample colors.  Its awesome, whipped water gel based, buildable and doesn't feel like a mask clogging up pores on your face. QVC sells it with a brush included, its a better deal once you figure out which color works best for you. Becca has a good backlight priming filter.

Contributor

I have found the illumination to add too much shine, even if I use 1/2 pump or mix it with either the original or matte.  It does have sparkles.  You may not see them indoors, but it you go out in the sunlight, they are there.  My 10 year old asked me if she could use some of my 'sparkly makeup.'  All I had on was the cc illumination. I have normal to dry skin and I prefer mixing the original and matte.  If you like using highlighters, the illumination may be something you will like.  If you hade most highlighters (like me) then you might want to pass.

Super Contributor

I have seen several people that state that this product has "sparkle' in it in their reviews. I have no idea what they are talking about. I have both the original product and the Illuminating CC. There is very little difference and certainly nothing that even remotely resembles "sparkle." Why are people so anxious to say things like that? I am so tired of seeing misleading reviews online. I have stood in indoor lighting, in sun light, and in shade, I have stood in multiple types of lighting at home, at work, in stores and asked various people about my makeup and no one has been able to detect anything like "sparkle." I have actually added an illuminating product to the IT Illuminating CC with very little illuminating effect. It's a nice product if you do not want a lot of coverage. Works well with a concealer. My other face products go on well over this CC. Not much else to say.

Contributor

I wanted to love this stuff, but not impressed.  it is just OK and I still need to use powder to set it.  I was looking for something I could wear alone. It doesnt look good alone I guess I need more coverage than this will provide.  Maybe Im using the wrong color, first tried medim, too orange and dark for me, just received the Light, its ok but didnt wow me either.  Also, this stuff does not want to wash off my skin.  After cleansing I use a makeup remover cloth, and also a cotton pad with toner, still removing product from my skin.