Contributor

Thoughts on this?  There aren't very many reviews, but looks like a nice little compact set.  I have a nice Tarte pallete, but it really needs a refresh.  This looks like a decent alternative.On the fence....

https://www.qvc.com/IT-Cosmetics-Special-Edition-IT-Girl-Holiday-Beauty-Book-w-Gift-Box-%26-Bow.prod...

Respected Contributor

Re: IT Girl Holiday Beauty Book

I have a Tarte all in one palette (eyeshadow/bronzer/blush/highlight).  I bought it because I thought it would be nice for traveling. But I find that it is too big and heavy for traveling. And also the powders kind of get mixed into the wrong place (bronzer powder kind of gets into highlighters...etc).  So, now I am avoiding the mixed palettes.  I still like palettes, but I prefer the palette just have one category (for example: eye shadow palettes or blush palettes...etc).  Plus, I don't like my lipsticks in the palette form.

Honored Contributor

I have last year's version and had no trouble with colors mixing.  It's a lot more compact than packing separate items.  I decided to get this new book because it had more of what I regularly use, so all I need to add is a small pouch with brushes, mascara, and a tube of BB/CC cream.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanKC

I purchased last year's Beauty Book and absolutely love it. The bejeweled book is really pretty and fun. 

The bronzer in this year's book is exceptional. I ordered it on its own and am very pleased with the very soft color and its payoff. Very sheer, build able if necessary and extremely natural looking on my medium light complexion. I've always liked IT's eyeshadow, the primer does cover any lid discoloration, it's a good base that gives me true colors. The blush is highly pigmented. A little goes a long way and doesn't fade on me. Personally, I like to carry my lipstick separately but that's not a deal breaker plus there's a new shade included that looks pretty. I had no issue with products spreading but did keep the clear cover/dividers which came with the book. An easy recommendation. 

A great gift to yourself or a special someone... 

Respected Contributor

I have the smaller eyeshadow only set (Naturally Pretty Essentials) and it is my go to. Travel and home, great packaging. Love it!!! Best shadows I have found I ordered the holiday set yesterday and hope I love it too.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree the bronzer in the beauty book is so good. Best I have ever used. It’s very soft and blendable. I have a ombré blush and you do need to use a very light hand. 

Trusted Contributor

I love this. I ordered this the minute I saw it online. This one is so much better than last years. IT's eyeshadows are very nice creamy and soft colors. 

Super Contributor

Took the plunge yesterday and bought this Beauty Book along with the IT TSV. After reading many positive reviews about last year's Beauty Book, I went for this new one. Both items ordered were great buys!