Contributor

I've been trying to decide between Light and Light/Medium in the matte formula.  I wear Light in the regular CC foundation and it matches fine, but I do have cooler undertones, with redness on my cheeks, so I was considering the Light/Med.  My Sephora just put out the new matte foundations yesterday.  I'm so glad I was able to test out the colors.  I was shocked that the Light/Med is a bright salmon color, so that totally would not work for me.  The Light in the matte is very similar to the Light in the regular (which I consider to have a beige base), but just a bit darker and slightly more yellow.  I did not try it on my face, just my hand.  However, it immeditaley felt and looked very drying.  I was excited about the new formulation, but I think I'm going to pass. 

Respected Contributor

I'm still trying to figure out how a matte finish would make me look dry?  I am not a fan of any kind of sheen or shimmer, and I always use a powder over my foundation to get rid of that.  I am thinking I won't have to worry so much with this matte.  I like matte eyeshadows too, and they don't seem drying to me.

Respected Contributor

There is a pretty detailed  YouTube review at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfUy8di2puA where she addresses the dry/matte finish (she has dry skin) and things to do if it is too dry, one of the best being to mix the two if you have both.

I'm one who doesn't like all the shine also, the other YouTube gal liked the sheen so didn't like the matte CC Cream.  Personal preference and different results, each to their own!

I'm not good at posting the web addresses and don't know why some get poofed, but hope this goes through!

Regular Contributor

PB Kong thank you so much for your input on colors. Like you, I wear light in the regular cc cream and have pink undertones and find the light cc a wee bit grey on skin but once on looks fine. I was considering trying the light medium but your salmon description makes that a big NO ! Did you try the fair light by any chance?

Honored Contributor

Thanks @HerRoyaLioness.  This video was exactly what I needed to watch because I have dry skin.  I have a feeling that the new Oil-free CC Cream is not going to be hydrating enough for me.  I could definitely mix it with my CC Cream and for that reason I may get the TSV because I really want to try the finishing powder.  Thanks again for sharing the video!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

Rosebud - I quickly tried the fairly light, but for me, it was way too light and seemed to have more of a yellow tint. 

Trusted Contributor

That youtube video was very intstructive. I think that I will mix the new matte cc cream with my bye bye moisturizer foundation which is very sticky. It may make the best mix.

Esteemed Contributor

I JUST RECEIVED THE LIGHT MEDIUM AND BELIEVE IT IS THE PERFECT SHADE.  ACTUALL ORDERED 2 AS 1 IS FOR A GIFT AND BOTH ARE A LIGHT MEDIUM SHADE.  NO SALMON COLOR HERE.  HOPE THAT HELPS FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS SHADE.

Honored Contributor

@weezer111..is the light/medium good for cool undertones?  I really think that is the best color for me because I fluctuate between light & medium in other IT CCs.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

i would say yes and i also go between light and medium.  ordered the last it tsv in light medium and it was perfect.  always found the light too light and the medium too dark.  hope that helps.